Kaname

It's complicated...

Rate this Entry
A lot has happened since I have been on. The bf moved in and I am taking online classes so I can get my certificate and get a better job. Also I have been having a tough time lately with my daughter. She recently tried to commit suicide a couple of weeks ago. It hurts like hell. Had to put her in a psychiatric hospital for 7 days. Now she is on meds and currently seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist. I don't understand why some teens do this. I remember being depressed but I just cried a lot at night before bed. She still doesn't know why she did it. She tried to throw up the pills but Poison control told me to get her to the hospital. She is okay now...but different. I try not to step on her toes but I have also been told not to baby her. What am I suppose to do? She is my only daughter and I love her. Her dad isn't even in the picture. Out of sight out of mind is his thing.



Just listening to this song. Things I wish I could tell her. Whatever she has been through...I have no idea. She said she wanted to die....I looked away and cried
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

  1. -Omega-'s Avatar
    You could try to find an activity for her to get involved in. It might be something that the two of you could do together. Finding something enjoyable for her to do would reduce stress and possibly give her a sense of purpose.
    Updated 06-26-2016 at 11:54 AM by -Omega-
  2. Kaname's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -Omega-
    You could try to find an activity for her to get involved in. It might be something that the two of you could do together. Finding something enjoyable for her to do would reduce stress and possibly give her a sense of purpose.
    She seems to be doing okay. She wants to start working so she can get herself a car. I know she wants to do so much more and become independent. She did okay in school and passed to the next grade (10th). She is my beautiful baby girl and I just don't want anything to happen to her.

    Spoiler: My baby
  3. Lord Irvine's Avatar
    We're here for you Kana! *hugs*
  4. Kaname's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Irvine
    We're here for you Kana! *hugs*
    *hugs* thank you Irvine! I really appreciate that more then you know. She is doing better today for the first time in almost 2 weeks. The meds she is on was giving her some unpleasant side effects. Today was the first day she felt better and more herself. She has therapy on Tuesday. I just want her well enough to know that life sucks sometimes, but that life is more precious. It was hard for me too, especially when I got her back home. She was so different. I was afraid and just cried for a while because she was a bit harsh on me, biting my head off. It was the meds.
  5. Jiko Takuhaibin's Avatar
    You have a beautiful daughter, Kaname-san.
    She is lucky she has YOU.
    Are there support groups for those whose loved ones have gone through what you have?
    Therapy may also help you not only with your daughter but also yourself who also needs to heal.
    We are all here for you, Kaname-san!
    :hug:
    (I hope I haven't said anything to hurt you, and if I have, I apologize...)
  6. Kaname's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiko Takuhaibin
    You have a beautiful daughter, Kaname-san.
    She is lucky she has YOU.
    Are there support groups for those whose loved ones have gone through what you have?
    Therapy may also help you not only with your daughter but also yourself who also needs to heal.
    We are all here for you, Kaname-san!
    :hug:
    (I hope I haven't said anything to hurt you, and if I have, I apologize...)
    Well first of all, thank you for the compliment. I think she is beautiful too^^ Im pretty sure they do. I know I need a support group too. Maybe there is some kind of forum that has that kind of support? I don't know. I am dealing okay. She seems to be a bit better because of the meds she is on. She has therapy today and tomorrow. I just want her happy. You have not said anything that has hurt me. In fact it makes me feel better that there are people out there that care. I know some don't know exactly what to say, but a few kind words go a long way. Arigato
  7. wicked liz's Avatar
    There's a term for it called "suicidal impulse". Even if someone has suicidal ideation (they think about killing themselves a lot) they don't usually act on it, but sometimes it builds up into an impulse that is hard to resist. Once the impulse passes the person is fine until it comes back (if it does). It's good that you got her help, that's the best you can do for her.

    From my own experience with depression and suicide, I can say that while external factors can trigger emotional spirals, a lot of what she's going through is a matter of brain chemistry. It's not anything that she can control with her will. Depression is like any other illness, it needs to be treated. In time people do get better. Regular exercise and good eating habits are also helpful, but it's hard to maintain when you're not ready.

    Yoga is also really helpful and hiking, doing these with her also encourages the habit. Habitual behaviour is very calming for people with depression and anxiety disorders.

    Things I can tell you to watch out for as a parent are self-medication (drugs, especially alcohol and smoking). And any strange behaviours like giving away personal possessions and letter writing, you should speak with her doctors if you notice anything like that.
  8. Kaname's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked liz
    There's a term for it called "suicidal impulse". Even if someone has suicidal ideation (they think about killing themselves a lot) they don't usually act on it, but sometimes it builds up into an impulse that is hard to resist. Once the impulse passes the person is fine until it comes back (if it does). It's good that you got her help, that's the best you can do for her.

    From my own experience with depression and suicide, I can say that while external factors can trigger emotional spirals, a lot of what she's going through is a matter of brain chemistry. It's not anything that she can control with her will. Depression is like any other illness, it needs to be treated. In time people do get better. Regular exercise and good eating habits are also helpful, but it's hard to maintain when you're not ready.

    Yoga is also really helpful and hiking, doing these with her also encourages the habit. Habitual behaviour is very calming for people with depression and anxiety disorders.

    Things I can tell you to watch out for as a parent are self-medication (drugs, especially alcohol and smoking). And any strange behaviours like giving away personal possessions and letter writing, you should speak with her doctors if you notice anything like that.
    Thank you Liz for your words. One thing her doctor said was that anxiety and panic attacks are more common in those who commit suicide. Not depression. She told me that depression is more of a downer and a person would feel tired and not want to do anything. Anxiety on the other had causes a feeling of losing control and feeling overwhelmed. I try to keep an eye on her and sometimes its hard. I give her space when she needs it as well. It seems like she is doing okay right now. With the help of her therapist and psychiatrist, I hope she will understand more of what she is going through and what is considered normal.