Page 731 of 731 FirstFirst ... 231631681721729730731
Results 7,301 to 7,310 of 7310
  1. #7301
    10 years later... Kurotoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    1,003
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by -Omega- View Post
    The only problems with the movie is the character reactions after certain events and it's a little bit boring in the beginning even for a slow burner.
    Spoiler:
    Imo the whole premise of the film is flawed, they sent out 5 women into the forest with automatic weapons and only one of them has had training with it, and most of them were scientists lol and the one who had training with weapons joined the party at the last minute so they were going to send 4 scientists into an unknown shimmer without any soldiers to protect them and remember only one person has returned from the shimmer and he was practically on deaths doorstep. The movie is a elaborate suicide, they knew they weren't coming back and they also knew that there was no way to communicate with the outside, in the end it's just a stupid film trying to be smart.


    Quote Originally Posted by osna View Post
    i enjoyed the movie.
    what reactions are you talking about? (use the spoiler bracket if you want to go in detail)
    Spoiler:
    One that stands out for me is when they first went into the shimmer, it's like hey we are missing 3 days but **** it lets carry on so nonchalantly and not mention it again.

  2. #7302
    Pyromaniac Mareep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    A Sea of Writings and Cotton Spores.
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Renshi52 View Post
    Just saw black panther, that was a great movie. I put it in the top 5 MCU movies. The bad guy, killmonger has to be one of the better villains not as great as vulture but up there.
    Really? I thought it lacked striking action scences and I personally felt that I knew the characters too little to actually care about any of the emotional stuff that was going on. Like the romance between T'challa and whatever Lupita's character was called or T'challas inner struggle or anyones death... and the movie had a LOT of emotional scenes.

    It looked amazing though. Cinematography, effects and esp costumes were breathtaking. And I agree about killmonger, he made the movie.
    So imo it was still an ok movie, but I found it to be extremely underwhelming... especially considering how highly acclaimed the movie is both critically and audience wise

  3. #7303
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurotoki View Post
    Spoiler:
    Imo the whole premise of the film is flawed, they sent out 5 women into the forest with automatic weapons and only one of them has had training with it, and most of them were scientists lol and the one who had training with weapons joined the party at the last minute so they were going to send 4 scientists into an unknown shimmer without any soldiers to protect them and remember only one person has returned from the shimmer and he was practically on deaths doorstep. The movie is a elaborate suicide, they knew they weren't coming back and they also knew that there was no way to communicate with the outside, in the end it's just a stupid film trying to be smart.




    Spoiler:
    One that stands out for me is when they first went into the shimmer, it's like hey we are missing 3 days but **** it lets carry on so nonchalantly and not mention it again.
    Spoiler:
    they tried to send in soldiers but that didnt work. now they tried scientists. the whole movie is about self destruction. it started off with the cancer cell.

    what should they have done?
    ~





    ~

  4. #7304
    10 years later... Kurotoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    1,003
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by osna View Post
    Spoiler:
    they tried to send in soldiers but that didnt work. now they tried scientists. the whole movie is about self destruction. it started off with the cancer cell.

    what should they have done?
    Spoiler:
    Isnt self destruction just a fancy why of saying suicide. Yeah I can understand why they tried scientists but why didn't they go with some soldiers too.

    What should they of done? Well sending some soldiers in with the scientists would be a good start

  5. #7305
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurotoki View Post
    Spoiler:
    Isnt self destruction just a fancy why of saying suicide. Yeah I can understand why they tried scientists but why didn't they go with some soldiers too.

    What should they of done? Well sending some soldiers in with the scientists would be a good start
    Spoiler:
    and what would the soldiers have done different in that situation?
    ~





    ~

  6. #7306
    10 years later... Kurotoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    1,003
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by osna View Post
    Spoiler:
    and what would the soldiers have done different in that situation?
    Spoiler:
    It's not really what they could of done different while in the shimmer because the outcome would of been the same, it's more to the fact that they didn't know what was going on in there so they should of been more prepared.

  7. #7307
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurotoki View Post
    Spoiler:
    It's not really what they could of done different while in the shimmer because the outcome would of been the same, it's more to the fact that they didn't know what was going on in there so they should of been more prepared.
    Spoiler:
    you cant really prepare for a situation like that. how should they know what'll happen?
    they have no info about it.
    ~





    ~

  8. #7308
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareep View Post
    Really? I thought it lacked striking action scences and I personally felt that I knew the characters too little to actually care about any of the emotional stuff that was going on. Like the romance between T'challa and whatever Lupita's character was called or T'challas inner struggle or anyones death... and the movie had a LOT of emotional scenes.

    It looked amazing though. Cinematography, effects and esp costumes were breathtaking. And I agree about killmonger, he made the movie.
    So imo it was still an ok movie, but I found it to be extremely underwhelming... especially considering how highly acclaimed the movie is both critically and audience wise
    I guess I'm still riding the t'challa hype from civil war where he was one of the best characters. And I didn't see him as a stand alone in this film but as one from CW.
    But I agree didn't care for his "gf" they should have focused more on family interaction cause it made more sense as a theme, his "father" killed his brother, t'challa and his sister scenes were on point. Hardly saw the mother at times.

    Its for at the #4/5 spot mainly cause of the CW high and killmonger
    set by ~YUI
    MAL


  9. #7309
    10 years later... Kurotoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    1,003
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by osna View Post
    Spoiler:
    you cant really prepare for a situation like that. how should they know what'll happen?
    they have no info about it.
    Spoiler:
    But they did have a guess about what was happening, a good one might I add, "they either went crazy and killed each other or something killed them" which is what pretty much happened but even if they didn't have an idea what has happening in there than they should still of been prepared for the worst.

  10. #7310
    ~





    ~

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •