Page 729 of 731 FirstFirst ... 229629679719727728729730731 LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,290 of 7310
    Blog Entries
    Okay, this is going nowhere, though I agree that awards don't make something great. but what im trying to get across to you and failing lol is that this is my opinion, the majority of the stuff that ive seen that sony has made has ended up being rubbish, saying stuff like "I saw no significant difference between the amount of movies that Sony distributed and were received negatively compared to the amount of movies that were positively reviewd" isnt going to change my opinion, and even if every other film from them that I havent seen are world beaters, I havent seen them, my opinion is based on what I have seen and so far that has been pretty lackluster.

Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star Badshah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No, I got that in the very beginning.

Blog Entries
    Oh, okay lol

Quote Originally Posted by Badshah View Post
    Sorry, but critical acclaim isn't limited to Academy Awards wins or nomination only. Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to call Denis Villeneuve or Christopher Nolan critically acclaimed directors. I know the conversation is subjective, which is why I chose 'critical acclaim' to judge a film's success rather than my own or any other singular person's tastes. Anyways, going back a few years, I saw no significant difference between the amount of movies that Sony distributed and were received negatively compared to the amount of movies that were positively reviewd that would lead me to believe they do an exceptionally bad job.

Lastly, internet circlejerk is never rooted in reality. There is no empirical evidence that proves Sony is ahead or behind the curve.
    Did you see the Emoji movie?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -Omega- View Post
    Did you see the Emoji movie?
    No.

No.
    I knew that it wouldn't be good, but I thought that the critics were exaggerating about how awful it was. That movie was definitely the worst of 2017. It wasn't even in the so bad-it's-good category. I couldn't help, but think that there are some people in Sony who really hates movies.
    Last edited by -Omega-; 02-10-2018 at 04:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -Omega- View Post
    I knew that it wouldn't be good, but I thought that the critics were exaggerating about how awful it was. That movie was definitely the worst of 2017. It wasn't even in the so bad-it's-good category. I couldn't help, but think that there are some people in Sony who really hates movies.
    I'm not trying to defend Sony by any means and fully expect The Emoji Movie to be the worst of 2017 (which is why I didn't watch it), but it's not the only studio that has made me think "wow, these guys hate movies". To me, that award goes to Warner Bros for giving Zack Snyder two more chances after Man of Steel and Watchmen.

Point is, every major studio makes bad decisions.

I think Warner Brothers is the lesser of the two evils, but they can kick rocks too.

Blog Entries
    I'm not trying to defend Sony by any means and fully expect The Emoji Movie to be the worst of 2017 (which is why I didn't watch it), but it's not the only studio that has made me think "wow, these guys hate movies". To me, that award goes to Warner Bros for giving Zack Snyder two more chances after Man of Steel and Watchmen.

Point is, every major studio makes bad decisions.
    Aha, I liked those two films, especially Watchmen, the extended version is one of my favourite films. And man of steel was decent too, not the best but alot better than most of Sonys superhero films.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurotoki View Post
    Aha, I liked those two films, especially Watchmen, the extended version is one of my favourite films. And man of steel was decent too, not the best but alot better than most of Sonys superhero films.
    Have you read Watchmen? I also liked the movie until I read the original story when i realized Snyder completely missed the point of Watchmen.