Page 2904 of 2912 FirstFirst ... 1904240428042854289429022903290429052906 ... LastLast
Results 29,031 to 29,040 of 29114
    Blog Entries
    popping back in after who knows how long. Going into airing hibernation for the winter that was pretty generic and only saw more than 1st episode of the ramen / hitman show, and even then haven't bothered to open up CR for getting past 3rd episode. Checked out a few shows I missed from last year and got motivated for more writing prompts to get more practice after attending lackluster panels at local conventions and attempting to convert it into long presentations to convert my train of thought -> a presentable narrative -> speeches.

Land of the Lustrous -
    Spoiler: Anime discussion
    Really neat how the characters are personified crystals into properties meant for battle (though it all translates into how many arrows you can block before crumbling in the end), and then even further the later factions are personified into the skeletal frames of gems that have the integrity to walk the ground unaided vs the fleshy slugs that change in the appropriate water content. The souls abducting the minerals is still a question in the anime, but it still fares well with the siege mentality of maintaining order and constantly honing your battle and patrol routes to minimize the causality rates, fits well with Kekkaishi in that regard in protecting a local spot and joining in an already functioning tradition of generations that came before you and questioning what they are protecting from as you change the MC's and your outlook and combat expertise after battle and battle / loss and victory / friendships and companions formed and shattered. Plus the CGI was awesome, and had a mix of the shiny gems diamond hair whisking through the forest, the cool gold / cinnabar movement as it swishes fluidly and absorb the impact without shattering like others, and even the fluffy dogs that surprise and captivate everyone. Taking advantage of the CGI to make tough scenes that would have taken forever with a series that needed it with the manga's bare-bones focus on character poses and minimal backgrounds, along with Colors.

Little Witch Academia -
    Spoiler: 2nd half of season
    got past the cringy episode of the love potions that stopped me a year ago, and realized the rest of the episode wasn't as bad as the tropes were leading to. Joining with Liz's rants and opinions from a year ago and bemoaning the new mechanical professor and actions of the current Ursula professor that knew the reason why Ako was struggling, not telling her or any of the professors that are giving her grief, and making the new technology from the overused Frankenstein / SkyNet / take your pick trope of created systems turning against the creators and turning into evil. Did like how it tackled the aged wisdom in the form of magical words that Ako had to progress through / face on the personal growth trajectory and interact with the other classroom characters in a friendly manner. Still needed to patch a few reasons as to why a soccer match would lead to ICBM heading over to it for the final battle of why the traditions of old would fix the issues caused by technological progress ( ) but it did nail the motivations / character interactions aspects of it, though could have added a 5 minute scene to show the instructors needing to change their ways to adapt to the current trends instead of molding away in their libraries,
    especially with more internet aspired students, instead of sitting on their rear and interests as Ako further struggles at her own pace.

Yeah back here and will hopefully go back and edit it, still have no clue on how much I needed to put down to sort my thoughts. Mostly going through random manga atm so might post those on the manga thread vs here. Also attempting to learn Japanese, so far got the basic hiragana and katakana characters down so I can sound out uncleaned sfx sounds, now to figure out the sentence structure / words to make sense of the songs and basic phrases beyond 1 word sayings. Also check out the girls in WWII wreckage show and Nadia of the Blue.

2. The Following User Likes This Post:

anyone watching Mahoutsukai no Yome?

the ending of episode 21 was such a drastic change, though i had a feeling it was bound to happen with all the ominous stuff the mage was saying

Was Supermegasonic on AC
    Clickable sig to my MAL
    Visual Novel Thread's Light Novel: A Double-Edged World [REBOOT]

... ... ... ... ... ... Stormcrusher94's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post

the ending of episode 21 was such a drastic change, though i had a feeling it was bound to happen with all the ominous stuff the mage was saying
    I am, but it isn't as enjoyable as when it started.

Set by xeltox
    AniList / MAL
    Spoiler:
    Goes well with my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaruuu View Post
    Rofl no! I've only ever been drunk one .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post

nope, not anymore xD
    bored the cr@p out of me xD

... ... ... ... ... ... Stormcrusher94's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm kind of hyped for the Bleach LiveAction, mostly because Miyavi looks fantastic as a Byakuya
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...yakuya/.128741

Set by xeltox
    AniList / MAL
    Spoiler:
    Goes well with my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaruuu View Post
    Rofl no! I've only ever been drunk one .

Blog Entries
    Nope! same like Marian. Dropped it because bored me.

Total Posts - 33,986

★Eien no M✩hou Shoujo★ Revy Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    lul I just read the manga didnt even touch the anime except for its special 3 episode @Mahoutsukai no Yome I mean... the latest chapter of the manga already make me feel ugh why WHY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyy.. dont feel like to pick up the anime D;
    (~~♪♫★avy and sig by nelkkeks★♫♪~~)

Total Posts: 61400+ hurr durr I don't remember anymore :U

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Revy Ragnarok View Post
    lul I just read the manga didnt even touch the anime except for its special 3 episode @Mahoutsukai no Yome I mean... the latest chapter of the manga already make me feel ugh why WHY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyy.. dont feel like to pick up the anime D;
    Magus bride is the same with me, would be up for binging it in the future on blurays in the future, but since I've read the manga up to a few months ago, I can't stand watching the weekly basis of what I've already seen.

Looking forward to next season, Lupin III, steins;gate 0, wotaku's love, piano of the forest, Golden Kamu, and more full metal panic (finnally), though only lupin and steins;gate I havent already read the source material to.
    Last edited by NuttyNutts; 03-17-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hey people, what's new? Can't remember when I was here last time.

I stopped following airing anime, I wait for season to finish to pick them up. Other than that I mostly watch older things.
    What recently really impressed me was Shinsekai Yori, can't believe I waited so long to watch something with that much depth.
    I actually managed to convince the leader of my book club to pick Shinsekai Yori as a topic, she also watched the anime and loved it, but didn't know about the book.

Other than that, really good anime I've seen in last 6 months were Tatami Galaxy, Hibike Euphonim, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Kyousougiga and Yoru wa Mijikashi...
    I dropped LWA, that bored the hell out of me.

And happy belated birthday Nutty
    https://twitter.com/Erebus2509

set by Freya

♫* Hime, hime, daisuki!*♫
    "Spread the otaku ways!"

11. The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNutts View Post
    Magus bride is the same with me, wouldn't be up for binging it in the future on blurays in the future, but since I've read the manga up to a few months ago, I can't stand watching the weekly basis of what I've already seen.

Looking forward to next season, Lupin III, steins;gate 0, wotaku's love, piano of the forest, Golden Kamu, and more full metal panic (finnally), though only lupin and steins;gate I havent already read the source material to.
    What is wrong with the anime?

I thought it was quite good but with no context of the manga or light novel I am just judging it from the stand alone.
    set by ~YUI
    MAL