View Poll Results: What is your favorite tribe, and why is it the minks?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • They share Nami's excellent fashion sense.

6 15.79%
  • They show great concern for eco-friendly transportation.

12 31.58%
  • I just like to be hip with the times like a cool kid, and dig what's in.

3 7.89%
  • I have secretly been a mink spy this entire time. Our time draws near!

17 44.74%
Page 1927 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 9271427182718771917192519261927192819291937 ... LastLast
Results 19,261 to 19,270 of 19565
    I like that they've been able to delay Big Mom consistently this whole chase, but each time they delay her, she's quicker to recover. It really emphasizes what an unstoppable juggernaut she is.

But regardless, the cake is coming next chapter, so I imagine this will all get wrapped up shortly. I'd bet within 10 chapters.

twitch.tv/anil8r
    Sometimes I speedrun games

Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star Badshah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Also, Oda has probably learned from Dressrosa that stalling too much is a bad thing. At one point, you go from building tension and anticipation to losing everyone's interest.

Blog Entries
    the issue with dressrosa is that he had a **** ton of chararcters and he tried to give them all screen time

sure there are a **** ton in this arc to, but hes not using every god damn one right now like he was in Dressrosa

\/Click the Link Below and Watch My YouTube channel :O\/
    /\Click the Link Above and Watch My YouTube channel :O/\

Yet he's still introducing characters this late in the arc, which I don't see the point (Flambe).

We still haven't seen characters like Smoothie, Amande, etc do anything, really.

Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star Badshah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaA View Post
    the issue with dressrosa is that he had a **** ton of chararcters and he tried to give them all screen time

sure there are a **** ton in this arc to, but hes not using every god damn one right now like he was in Dressrosa
    Nah, the problem wasn't more characters, the problem was dragging out the arc. There was a whole chapter where Luffy and Law went somewhere and ended up having a small fight with a Mingo clone that was ultimately beaten by Jeet and Abdullah. It took entirely too many chapters for Luffy to just get to the palace and Trebol survived for far too long. The "star games" didn't go anywhere either; introduced solely to build extra tension for Usopp to fire his special bullet in time, but it was unnecessary. The emotional crux of that was Usopp's connection to Luffy. Nobody gives a **** about some fodders.

Dressrosa didn't need less characters, just less subplots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zero View Post
    Yet he's still introducing characters this late in the arc, which I don't see the point (Flambe).

We still haven't seen characters like Smoothie, Amande, etc do anything, really.
    By that logic, there was no point in introducing supernovas in SA arc.
    Last edited by Badshah; 01-13-2018 at 02:53 PM.

togashi graped me #hiatus Arcelie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Smoothie trash confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Badshah View Post
    Nah, the problem wasn't more characters, the problem was dragging out the arc. There was a whole chapter where Luffy and Law went somewhere and ended up having a small fight with a Mingo clone that was ultimately beaten by Jeet and Abdullah. It took entirely too many chapters for Luffy to just get to the palace and Trebol survived for far too long. The "star games" didn't go anywhere either; introduced solely to build extra tension for Usopp to fire his special bullet in time, but it was unnecessary. The emotional crux of that was Usopp's connection to Luffy. Nobody gives a **** about some fodders.

Dressrosa didn't need less characters, just less subplots.

By that logic, there was no point in introducing supernovas in SA arc.
    Supernovas are significant to the overall story of One Piece and this current generation of pirates. We've already seen those people introduced back then being important in later arcs or generally scheming something as the story progresses. Characters like Flambe probably wont be seen again after this arc, much like most minor characters in old arcs (that belong to a faction that isn't their own).

Unless you're suggesting that the likes of Flambe or even Smoothie / Amande will be significant in later arcs?

How the hell should I know?! I'm not God y'know.
    For the Dressrosa arc the part that dragged it out for me was Doffy's ridiculously thick plot armor that made it so hard for him to get beaten. Like how the hell do strings heal a gamma radiation knife attack?

The strings work internally to you know... heal and stuff. :@

How the hell should I know?! I'm not God y'know.
    Uh... I don't know how to tell you this but... uh... strings can't heal radiation poisoning >.>