Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    I feel like theres no Shonen-y way out of this. He's done for.

This is so gut-wrenching.

Holy ****

twitch.tv/anil8r
    Sometimes I speedrun games

Never thought I'd say this, but f**k Morikawa dude. Like, seriously, this feels like not just an insult to us readers/fans, but a complete and total waste of time following this crap.

F**k Morikawa.

Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star Badshah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's definitely frustrating. If Ippo just goes back into the ring again, this fight was essentially pointless as he's back in the same position as the end of his last fight. If the only thing Ippo learns from this is that the end of his career is nearing and he should fight with a purpose, then that's even worse because this is something Ippo should've learned at least a 1000 chapters ago.

The only suitable conclusion after this is for Ippo to retire, otherwise Morikawa is just wasting everyone's time.

My only hope is that there is a timeskip and Ippo recovers somehow after a few years of retirement and comes back stronger than ever. Takamura would have a few belts, maybe Martinez is retired and there's a new world champ.

Iin real life there is no cure for being punch drunk since it's chronic but this is shonen so who knows.

I still have faith that Miyata vs Ippo, even though its been neglected the entire series run, MUST happen.

Or this really is the end and the series ends on a downer. :/

Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star Badshah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd be pretty ticked if the author downplays the issue of punch drunk and just waves it off in a timeskip.

Indeed it'd be a huge cop out and very unrealistic.

Another option could be that he isnt really punch drunk but something else entirely.

Im in serious denial here XD

So torn. On one hand I wanna give it to the author for putting real life consequence into his work. On the other hand Ippo is a character I have really come to love. This has me bummed. What kinda world is this where Ippo can't box!?

9. The Following User Likes This Post:

I honestly think this is the end of the series. And I legitimately think it's a really damn good one. I could feel the sadness and torment that not only Ippo, but Morikawa was going through with this match.

If the series ends here, is it a satisfying ending? Hell no. But that doesn't mean it's bad. It's still been a damn good story of a shy boy coming out of his shell and reaching for something no one thought he could get. And it's an insanely brave decision to not rush the series just so they could go for some fan service fights. This is how real life is. Bad **** just happens sometimes. I've been shook pretty hard by how well told this fight has been. I feel like Ippo's apology in his mind to Kamogawa was also Morikawa's apology to the readers for not continuing how people may have wanted him to.

twitch.tv/anil8r
    Sometimes I speedrun games

Ippo still doesnt get that she likes him, though her claws and fangs have come out at anyone trying to talk to him about boxing. It'll be somewhat interesting to see how Ippo will function in this new role he's taking on.