View Poll Results: Which should we watch?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sion Sono

3 42.86%
  • Classic Science Fiction

3 42.86%
  • Guy Ritchie

1 14.29%
  • David Fincher

2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: AF Film Academy

AF Film Academy

Welcome to the AC Film Academy. The name will remain as a reminder to where this started
    Purpose of this thread is to help our members where who love cinema to expand their film knowledge by watching films and searching for information together with other members.

-How is this going to work?

Each month members will get to choose a specific film category they wish to work with by voting. The rest of the month will be spent by watching films related to that category and discussing them with other members until the voting process starts anew. Categories can be anything as long as they encompass more than a couple of films.

-Is there a specific schedule for that?

Yes. The schedule everyone's going to follow is 3 weeks of watching and discussing and 1 week of nominating and voting. The days available for nominating will be 4 and for voting 3.

-How will the category be decided?

The nominations will be decided via discussion. Every member is free to make a nomination and at the end of the day the nominations that seems to be more appealing to the majority of the members will be up for voting. A new thread will be created specifically for voting every month.

-Who is going to organize the thread?

That would be me and Pad Frank so in case you need anything ask us!

This Month's choice:

Robin McLaurin Williams (July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014) was an American actor, stand-up comedian, film producer, and screenwriter.

Rising to fame with his role as the alien Mork in the TV series Mork & Mindy (1978–1982), Williams went on to establish a successful career in both stand-up comedy and feature film acting. His film career included such acclaimed films as The World According to Garp (1982), Good Morning, Vietnam (1987), Dead Poets Society (1989) and many others.

Nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor three times, Williams received the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Good Will Hunting. He also received two Emmy Awards, four Golden Globe Awards, two Screen Actors Guild Awards and five Grammy Awards.

On August 11, 2014, Williams was found unresponsive at his residence in Marin County, California, and was pronounced dead at the scene. According to the Marin County Sheriff department, the probable cause of death was asphyxiation by hanging.[6]
    Watchlist:

Good Morning, Vietnam (1987)
    Dead Poets Society (1989)
    Awakenings (1990)
    Aladdin (1992)
    Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)
    Jumanji (1995)
    Good Will Hunting (1997)
    Insomnia (2002)
    One Hour Photo (2002)
    Last edited by Pad Frank; 08-12-2014 at 08:20 PM.

togashi graped me #hiatus Arcelie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    oh yes it's saved the academy , i thank god and the heavens

time to start downloading and watching movies ~ Wohoo yea \O/

still AC Film Academy? xD
    ~

~

How did Hans Zimmer get picked over Denzel? Racists.

Quote Originally Posted by osna View Post
    still AC Film Academy? xD
    Always Remember 7/04/13

Stay Gold

togashi graped me #hiatus Arcelie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Denzel was cool on training days and only training days , n maybe book of eli

Blog Entries
    Should get it tattoo'd next to my FT tat ;~;

I'm the night-sky
    I'm the fire in your eyes
    And I want you
    Now and for all time

Quote Originally Posted by Arcelie View Post
    The fact that you even mentioned Book of Eli means you've probably only seen Training Days and Book of Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcelie View Post
    Yah no way bro, you ain't seen enough Denzel. Watch Man on Fire, Manchurian Candidate, Mother Goose: A Rappin' and Rhymin' Special.

I was supposed to watch rain man today D:
    Oh we'll maybe tomorrow