Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    ...A Tula Náressë... Shikamaruuu's Avatar
    ...Atop the highest tree in Laurelindórenan...

The Hobbit Trilogy

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

Summary
    A younger and more reluctant Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins, sets out on an "unexpected journey" to the Lonely Mountain with a spirited group of Dwarves to reclaim their stolen mountain home from a dragon named Smaug.
    Trailer

Cast & Crew Info

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)

Summary
    The Dwarves, Bilbo and Gandalf have successfully escaped the Misty Mountains, and Bilbo has gained the One Ring. They all continue their journey to get their gold back from the Dragon, Smaug.
    Trailer

Cast & Crew Info

Great site full of exploration, interesting facts and even audio. Delve into the realm of Middle Earth if you dare ~ Middle Earth

The Hobbit: There and Back Again (2014)

Summary
    Bilbo, Gandalf and the Dwarves are in Smaug's lair, but will they get their gold and return home safely?
    Trailer
    Spoiler:
    Upcoming...

Cast & Crew Info

For anyone interested in buying the books ~ Tolkien Books
    Last edited by Shikamaruuu; 11-22-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Take me to a place where doors are open, a lovely little place where no one's broken.

So looking forward to the next one. I for one love it when they spent a lot of time showing the scenery. It's incredible. Screw character development

Stay Gold

Ikr? :P You can't get any better than all that beautiful and breathtaking scenery...so refreshing <3.

Take me to a place where doors are open, a lovely little place where no one's broken.

In the next movie, I am looking forward to seeing what was changed and what stayed the same from the book. Oh and I also second the beautiful scenery comments, I can't get enough of it!

Are you from the past? italialex7's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The movies are truly beautiful! And they did a good job on maturing the content since the book was for a younger audience, but they still kept that funny element of silliness

Avy & Sig by naru
    -Not fully updated MAL-

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    My name is Italialex7. For five years I was stranded on an island with only one goal - survive. Now I will fulfill my father's dying wish - to use the list of names he left me and bring down those who are poisoning Animeflame. To do this, I must become someone else. I must become something else.

That silliness is pure win. The Hobbit just wouldn't be the same without it, and ofc having been written for children it's essential. Can't wait for this year's release *_*.

I'm VERY excited for part two. I stopped reading the book where part one ended to avoid spoilers. I like to watch the movie adaptations first before reading Tolkien's books.

mal

Are you from the past? italialex7's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well you will notice some differences, that is to be expected, but even I ,who have already read the book, am excited for it!

Avy & Sig by naru
    -Not fully updated MAL-

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    My name is Italialex7. For five years I was stranded on an island with only one goal - survive. Now I will fulfill my father's dying wish - to use the list of names he left me and bring down those who are poisoning Animeflame. To do this, I must become someone else. I must become something else.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMonkeyFist View Post
    I'm VERY excited for part two. I stopped reading the book where part one ended to avoid spoilers. I like to watch the movie adaptations first before reading Tolkien's books.
    It was the same with me in regards to the LOTRs trilogy, I'd seen the movies and then started reading the books. It kinda ruins your imagination though as you end up visualising what you see in the movie as opposed to what your mind would naturally conjure up, and takes away the surprise element but it's amazing nonetheless. I just love Tolkien's work sooo much and the movies, the soundtrack, the actors/actresses, absolutely everything about them is just breathtaking and beautiful <3.

Quote Originally Posted by italialex7 View Post
    Well you will notice some differences, that is to be expected, but even I ,who have already read the book, am excited for it!
    Heh, *hi 5* xD. The comedy scenes in the first one were brilliant, so well put together!

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaruuu View Post
    It was the same with me in regards to the LOTRs trilogy, I'd seen the movies and then started reading the books. It kinda ruins your imagination though as you end up visualising what you see in the movie as opposed to what your mind would naturally conjure up, and takes away the surprise element but it's amazing nonetheless. I just love Tolkien's work sooo much and the movies, the soundtrack, the actors/actresses, absolutely everything about them is just breathtaking and beautiful <3.
    Usually I'm very, very pro reading the books first and then watching the movies, but I got into this habit with Tolkien books because of the LOTR trilogy. When I ended up reading the first book my imagination was somewhat ruined yes, but the books are pretty long and not all of it is included in the movies, so it was still a fun read. I honestly think the movie adaptations are superior, which is rare.

mal