Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Jo Nesbø Snømannen

Blog Entries
    I was reading aphorisms and poesy.

I am currently reading a book by Arthur Griffith.

I am still waiting on a book about the influence of Greek culture on Wagner. After that I may read something on my university reading list.
    Ein ewiges Räthsel will ich bleiben mir und anderen...

Blog Entries
    The Third Law Standalone Book 2 / 5th Book in the Series
    The Heroes

By Joe Ambercrombie

\/Click the Link Below and Watch My YouTube channel :O\/
    /\Click the Link Above and Watch My YouTube channel :O/\

Blog Entries
    [...] every fashion is charming, relatively speaking, each one bearing a new and more or less happy effort in the direction of Beauty, some kind of approximation to an ideal for which the restless human mind feels a constant, titillating hunger.

Blog Entries
    Outcastes and barbarians will be masters of the banks of the Indus, Darvika, the Chandrabhaga and Kashmir. These will all be contemporary rulers [of this age] reigning over the earth: kings [rulers] of violent temper … They will seize upon the property of their subjects; they will be of limited power and will for the most part rapidly rise and fall; their lives will be short, their desires insatiable, and they will display but little piety. The people of various countries intermingling with them will follow their example … The prevailing caste will be the Shudra … Vaisyas will abandon agriculture and commerce and gain a livelihood by servitude or the exercise of mechanical arts [proletarization and industrialization] … Kshyatrias instead of protecting will plunder their subjects: and under the pretext of levying customs will rob merchants of their property [crisis of capitalism and of private property; socialization, nationalization, and communism] … Wealth [inner] and piety [following one’s dharma] will decrease day by day until the whole world will be wholly depraved. Then property alone will confer rank [the quantity of dollars - economic classes]; wealth [material] will be the only source of devotion; passion will be the sole bond of union between the sexes; falsehood will be the only means of success in litigation…. Earth will be venerated but for its mineral treasures [unscrupulous exploitation of the soil, demise of the cult of the earth] …

Returning to Homer.

Blog Entries
    I will revive this one last time and then continue waiting until someone posts.

I am reading Decline and Fall and plan on reading a trilogy of novels by Mister Samuel Beckett following on from this. Then I plan on reading some novels in German. In a few weeks I will return to Classical literature and philosophy and after that maybe childrens literature. In Winter I plan on seeing Faust Teil Einz on stage and some day I would like to see at least part of Ring des Niebelungens again [I have seen Goetterdaemmerung].