Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Blog Entries
    They should just not make any more f4 movies for 10 years now.
    MAL
    set by Phixen
    AC stats
    08-16-2007

2. The Following User Likes This Post:

PSN: LingormR666 Guardian Outlaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDarkside View Post
    Er, no. All the main characters would require CG effects almost constantly, and no TV show has that budget. Just as NBC's Heroes.
    Oops! Meant to say, ABC. Got my networks confused. ABC has Agents of Shield and they've pulled off some pretty sick CGI. Disney has the budget.
    "The biggest Bleach fanboy in the world just left with a loud statement lol" -narusasu1

R.I.P. AnimeCrazy! It was an Epic! ride!!

http://www.sweetgfx.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=472&dateline=13730083  47

Stay True - Enter The Wasteland - Sinister Waste

whereuhavea<3 i'mahollow. melody of dead.deanders's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    are CGI that expensive..? i mean do the people that operate with CGI charge that much or buying them costs that much..?
    i always thought all movie studious already possessed a ridiculous amount of CGI elements that putting them into the movie was the easiest part of making a movie..
    " Do you know me..? No.. You're quite certain that we've never met before..? Yes of course.. "

SOTW 21, 57, 60, & 6(sic)6, 76, 85, 86(co win) winner..
    MAL|MAL graph|DA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by melody of dead.deanders View Post
    are CGI that expensive..? i mean do the people that operate with CGI charge that much or buying them costs that much..?
    i always thought all movie studious already possessed a ridiculous amount of CGI elements that putting them into the movie was the easiest part of making a movie..
    There's a difference between good cgi and great cgi though. The latter is costly.
    MAL
    set by Phixen
    AC stats
    08-16-2007

whereuhavea<3 i'mahollow. melody of dead.deanders's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theninjaskater View Post
    There's a difference between good cgi and great cgi though. The latter is costly.
    oh i know.. i just thought that sh!t is cheap.. since we've developed so far where mostly everything is CGI made..
    " Do you know me..? No.. You're quite certain that we've never met before..? Yes of course.. "

SOTW 21, 57, 60, & 6(sic)6, 76, 85, 86(co win) winner..
    MAL|MAL graph|DA

Not on TV budgets, especially with characters who constantly need CG.

Heroes is a great example of how bad this can go, as later seasons introduced more characters with flashy powers, which all looked awful in use.

Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star Badshah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Outlaw View Post
    Oops! Meant to say, ABC. Got my networks confused. ABC has Agents of Shield and they've pulled off some pretty sick CGI. Disney has the budget.
    Waste of money. I'm sure Disney has more than enough budget for such a feat, but we must also keep in mind that TV shows just don't make that much money back. Budgets aren't always created out of consideration for how much money a studio can afford, but also on how much money can the show actually make. The ceiling for tv shows these days just isn't high enough to warrant movie-quality CGI.

I wonder what GoT spends on its CGI.

The Thing can be a physical suit again, IMO that looked realer. The fire CGI is prob cheap. It doesn't sound like a big deal. FF will be better off as a TV Series on ABC. There's so much they can do with it that the movies have failed to do. I doubt anyone will want to see a FF movie for the next 20 years. An what's the worst that can happen with the TV series? It gets canceled mid-season? It seems like a better shot.
    "The biggest Bleach fanboy in the world just left with a loud statement lol" -narusasu1

10. The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Outlaw View Post
    The Thing can be a physical suit again, IMO that looked realer. The fire CGI is prob cheap.
    No and noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. And you're ignoring the big effects issue with Mr. fantastic. Big budget Hollywood films still can't make him look acceptable.