Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Horror Movie Reviews - your Midnight Critics

I thought i'd start a thread on horror / thriller genre. Post and review here.

So i saw the new Evil Dead movie. As a massive fan of the original, i was very hesitant and had preconceptions that this would be a total flop and just demolish the original, since Brucey wasn't in it.

I was wrong.

It was a real masterpiece. I loved it. Visceral and gut wrenching from the get-go when the book is opened.

I give Evil Dead 8 / 10 scares.

Wow thats kinda surprising, Evil Dead is easily one of the worst horrors ive ever seen haha....To each his own I guess

On another note, I saw Dark Skies a couple of weeks ago.....Masterpiece! Not many horrors give me the chills while watching, but Dark Skies gave me plenty. All I can say is that its just really scary.

Id give Dark Skies a 9/10

The remake of Evil Dead wasn't as impress for me.
    It was pretty good with respect to the original film but still miles away from being great. I give it a 6.2/10

Dark Skies was pretty well done. I actually liked the scenario a lot, a horror based on aliens is not something you see so often. Some scenes were pretty funny though.
    I give it a 6.7/10

Also yay for your thread
    I am a huge horror fan with a huge list of horror movies so I am here to help as much as I can!
    `::`

https://www.opbforums.com/forums/sig...gpic1078_4.gif

GoodReads l IMBd l Tumblr l Letterboxd

“Feed me to the wolves,
    let them have my flesh. I am
    something skin can’t hold.”
    — r.l.m, “wild thing”

togashi graped me #hiatus Arcelie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    this is a nice thread

Evil dead was too gory, the ending was too long that it was freaking boring and I laughed more than I should have. I really hated this movie n.n
    4/10

i'm more into psychological horror then physical horror if that makes sense lol :P

btw nobody can beat asians at horror/thriller
    Last edited by Arcelie; 08-19-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Spanish horrors are good too
    `::`

https://www.opbforums.com/forums/sig...gpic1078_4.gif

GoodReads l IMBd l Tumblr l Letterboxd

“Feed me to the wolves,
    let them have my flesh. I am
    something skin can’t hold.”
    — r.l.m, “wild thing”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinsei View Post

So i saw the new Evil Dead movie. As a massive fan of the original, i was very hesitant and had preconceptions that this would be a total flop and just demolish the original, since Brucey wasn't in it.

I was wrong.

It was a real masterpiece. I loved it. Visceral and gut wrenching from the get-go when the book is opened.

I give Evil Dead 8 / 10 scares.
    lamest horror movie ever >_>
    japanese horror movies are good though

If you like Dark Skies, you'll like The Fourth Kind.

"There is no greater evil in this world or any other than for the strong to stand by idly and let injustice to unanswered."

Asian horrors are overrated! :O I had sky high expectations when I watched the 'classics' but they were turrible

Yeah The Fourth Kind remains the scariest horror Ive ever seen. The amount of chills I got while watching that.... And couldnt sleep well for a good two weeks no lie.

(Shinsei can you tell me what anime you're dope set is from? )

Quote Originally Posted by Aldstar View Post
    Asian horrors are overrated! :O I had sky high expectations when I watched the 'classics' but they were turrible

Yeah The Fourth Kind remains the scariest horror Ive ever seen. The amount of chills I got while watching that.... And couldnt sleep well for a good two weeks no lie.

(Shinsei can you tell me what anime you're dope set is from? )
    the trailer for the fourth kind looked like any run of the hill horror movie :O
    really that good?

and that iori from gamaran. got no anime as far as i know
    ~

~

togashi graped me #hiatus Arcelie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    can we all agree Saw's not horror :T