Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    togashi graped me #hiatus Arcelie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

JK Rowling Is Making More Harry Potter !

JK Rowling has announced that she's launching another franchise in the world of Harry Potter. holy molly :O

The new series is called Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, based on a Harry Potter textbook of the same name.

Spoiler: here's the press release.
    Warner Bros. Entertainment today announced an expanded creative partnership with world-renowned, best-selling author J.K. Rowling. At the center of the partnership is a new film series from Rowling’s world of witches and wizards, inspired by Harry Potter’s Hogwarts textbook “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” and the adventures of the book’s fictitious author, Newt Scamander. The announcement was made by Kevin Tsujihara, Chief Executive Officer, Warner Bros. Entertainment.

“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” will be an original story and will mark Rowling’s screenwriting debut. It is planned as the first picture in a new film series. Set in the wizarding world, the story will feature magical creatures and characters, some of which will be familiar to devoted Harry Potter fans.

“Although it will be set in the worldwide community of witches and wizards where I was so happy for seventeen years, ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ is neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world,” said Rowling. “The laws and customs of the hidden magical society will be familiar to anyone who has read the Harry Potter books or seen the films, but Newt’s story will start in New York, seventy years before Harry’s gets underway.”

In addition to the film series, “Fantastic Beasts” will also be developed across the Studio’s video game, consumer products and digital initiatives businesses, including enhanced links with Pottermore.com, Rowling’s digital online experience built around the Harry Potter stories.

Sources: here und here

Blog Entries
    Best news of the year
    But if they ever make a movie out of it, I hope it will really follow the story and not be a disaster like Harry Potter..
    Thanks Nelkk

Inherited will. Destiny of the age. The dreams of people. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom. These things will never cease to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Mikaelson View Post
    Best news of the year
    But if they ever make a movie out of it, I hope it will really follow the story and not be a disaster like Harry Potter..
    Well it's not exactly like the book even has a story, as it's a textbook. But since Rowling is the one writing this movie, there can hardly go anything wrong.
    I don't remember who made my sig pls hmu if it was you

MDL | tumblr | MAL

Quote Originally Posted by HAVA-RAVA View Post
    And I'm your mistress

Good news

"Every living creature on Earth dies alone."

MDL|OP

Yay <333
    Everything dies. You. Me. Everyone on this planet. Our sun. Our galaxy, and, eventually, the universe itself. This is simply how things are. It's inevitable... And I accept it. What I will not tolerate-- what I find unacceptable-- is going quietly, like some mewling child, before my time. There is something out there, coming for us, trying to kill us all-- And I would do to it what it would do to us. Brothers. Sisters...will you help me kill worlds?

...A Tula Náressë... Shikamaruuu's Avatar
    ...Atop the highest tree in Laurelindórenan...
    I remember hearing about this somewhere (no idea where), but didn't think much of it at the time. It's good to see that it's actually happening now xD.

Take me to a place where doors are open, a lovely little place where no one's broken.

So. What I'm guessing is. The movie will be about Newt during his travels and research (and the adventures he got into) while writing that book.
    Either that or during his work in the Beast Division while he was part of the Ministry of Magic. :O

Scamander, earning only two Sickles a week working at the Ministry, jumped at the chance for extra money and the opportunity to spend his summers travelling the world. Scamander travelled to a hundred countries across five continents researching his book, observing many magical creatures. He learned about their abilities, gained their trust, and occasionally beat them with his travelling kettle if they got too dangerous.
    ^Perfect setting, no?
    Last edited by Lucian Silver; 09-12-2013 at 04:49 PM.

...A Tula Náressë... Shikamaruuu's Avatar
    ...Atop the highest tree in Laurelindórenan...
    Could be both. Rowling stated it's supposed to focus on him so either would work. Although considering it's set to be a series, they'll probably just focus on one i.e. his travels and save his work at the MoM in the next movie or vice versa :O. Either way, it'll be a magical adventure of some sort xP.

Take me to a place where doors are open, a lovely little place where no one's broken.

cool
    i'm interested :O
    ~

~