Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Wildfire twinshia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    cursed isle
    Posts
    877
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by FireclawX View Post
    You can't seem to be convinced otherwise from your extreme views.
    If you provided reasons for the alternative I might but your reasons are not good enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by FireclawX View Post
    The only [way] to achieve a stable sustainable society is through the combination of both socialistic and capitalistic values, leaning more towards the capitalistic side.
    Yes, which is why you should not raise the minimum wage.

    Quote Originally Posted by FireclawX View Post
    This is how America succeeded and why it is the #1 economy in the world today.
    And you are attempting to destroy that. The US has been doing things as I have said up to now,
    not the other way around, so is that not proof that what I have said is correct and not vice versa?

    Quote Originally Posted by FireclawX View Post
    Take away the unions, the minimum wage, the laws that protect the people, and you won't have a country, you'll have a leader who's head is impaled on a stick in the nations capital.
    I never suggested taking away the laws that protect people as I am not a libertarian.
    You seem to be heavily misunderstood.
    And you also seem to support political assassinations so why would I listen to any thing you have to say?

    Quote Originally Posted by FireclawX View Post
    Good luck holding back the tides of revolt.
    If I were rich I would simply move to Singapore to avoid a revolution,
    which is precisely what happened in the Russian Federation,
    in case you were not aware.
    Once again, you seem to support violent activity so I am reluctant to take any thing you say seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by FireclawX View Post
    "Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes that you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid."
    Only the political landscape has changed and there are many people in favour of this.
    Have you ever heard of the Libertarian party?
    Ron Paul? Rand Paul? Ayn Rand?
    That being said, and I am repeating myself,
    I am not a libertarian or an anarcho capitalist.
    I believe in a regressive tax with minimal social services such as a police force,
    justice system, fire brigade et cetera.

    Quote Originally Posted by FireclawX View Post
    America's the best country in the world not because we're capitalistic.
    I never said the United States was the "best country".
    I have no idea how you could quantify that unless you were blindly nationalistic,
    which is inane.
    That being said, Singapore, South Korea or Japan are most likely the "best",
    and it is because they are "capatalistic", the same as the United States of America.
    The reason the Federal Republic of Germany is one of the least abysmal places in Europe at this point in time is because it adopted the policies and system of the US after WWII.
    Not to mention Switzerland is not in any problem at all because
    1. They did not join the European Union and
    2. They have a conservative government.

    Quote Originally Posted by FireclawX View Post
    We have things called rights here. Rights to liberty, freedom, and the pursuit of happiness.
    Only most countries also have constitutions.
    This is not some thing specifically American any more.

    Quote Originally Posted by FireclawX View Post
    They are the foundations of capitalism, as well as the reason for welfare, and all the other socialistic policies we have today.
    False, most socialist ideas originated in what was then the Prussian and German Empires.
    The left wing Hegelians they were called,
    because they followed the writings of the german philosopher Georg Friedrich Hegel but with a left wing application:
    Feuerbach, Marx and Engels were the most notable.
    What you are referring to is Classical Liberalism,
    which finds its roots in Britain, not the United States.

    Quote Originally Posted by FireclawX View Post
    Machines are able to replace the menial jobs that people once did.
    Only this is not a sustainable method as those people who lose their job to a machine will need to be on social welfare,
    so it is preferable for them to be earning money through labour and thus taxed.

    Quote Originally Posted by FireclawX View Post
    That is a fundamental right of all human beings. That opportunity cannot be denied by anyone.
    Only it is not denied, it is just not given because it is not available.

    Quote Originally Posted by askar View Post
    i like your way of thinking twinshia
    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    obviously not. otherwise this debate would've ended in the GAD thread
    Only even on an academic level,
    there is still dispute.
    There are marxist, libertarian, anarchist, syndicalist, neo fascist and capatalist et cetera theories,
    so you will still have people arguing.

    Also, contrary to what most socialists will have you believe,
    Fascism and ultimately National Socialism (Nazism) arose out of Socialism.
    I do not want to enact Godwins law,
    but it has to be said, as you do not seem to understand the destructive power that socialist demagogues can have on a country:

    Benito Mussolini coined the term Fascism in his manifesto and erected the first Fascist government,
    years before Spain, Austria or Germany et cetera.
    Mussolini was a member of a worldwide communist/ socialist group before this happened.
    Fascism at that time was not necessarily considered right wing and ultimately rose out of left wing ideas.
    Think about it. Destruction of individual wants in exchange for the needs of the masses.
    As the failed British dictator, Oswald Mosley, said about Fascism:

    “The basic doctrine of Fascism is not the elimination of the individual, so much as the fusion of the individual in something far greater than himself.”

    Change the word Fascism with Socialism and the same BS remains.
    Not to mention, Mr. Mosley was a member of the Labour party before he "became" a fascist,
    so to speak, which is the foremost socialist party in Britain today.
    Tony Blair and Gordon Brown were both members of this party when they were Prime Minister.
    Last edited by twinshia; 03-17-2015 at 02:09 AM.
    the annie may loser
    dwells beside his mother's hoover
    at t'other end o' th' room
    where the bathroom meets the broom

  2. #22
    ∞ Infinite Possibility ∞ FireclawX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Infinity of Possibility
    Posts
    7,366
    Blog Entries
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    obviously not. otherwise this debate would've ended in the GAD thread

    btw, i hope this doesn't end here cus it's was very interesting and fun to read ^^
    if you guise want a illogical point of view on things, then i'd be happy to join in these debates(when i have the time). and when i say illogical, i mean, no facts just my point of view on things >_> but that probably wouldn't be too smart cus we'll end up breaking the internet
    Join us! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by naru View Post
    took an economics class it would not have been any benefit to this discussion, it was all about math and stock and business blah blah

    This discussion is socioeconomic, however I can't bring myself to get into it

    Fire glad to see you made a thread for this (yes I just mainly posted here to tease you) though I am on topic
    gtfo

    @Twinshia: I'll reply to this later. It's too late and I'm a bit too busy to do proper research instead of rambling like I did in the previous post.

    MAL
    http://i.imgur.com/epGEQ5A.png
    ~Awesome sig by Nelkk~
    "I believe in god. A god called possibility, that resides in all of us."

  3. The Following User Likes This Post:


  4. #23
    Wildfire twinshia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    cursed isle
    Posts
    877
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by FireclawX View Post
    @Twinshia: I'll reply to this later. It's too late and I'm a bit too busy to do proper research instead of rambling like I did in the previous post.
    Okay. I will wait.
    the annie may loser
    dwells beside his mother's hoover
    at t'other end o' th' room
    where the bathroom meets the broom

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by twinshia View Post
    If you provided reasons for the alternative I might but your reasons are not good enough.



    Yes, which is why you should not raise the minimum wage.



    And you are attempting to destroy that. The US has been doing things as I have said up to now,
    not the other way around, so is that not proof that what I have said is correct and not vice versa?



    I never suggested taking away the laws that protect people as I am not a libertarian.
    You seem to be heavily misunderstood.
    And you also seem to support political assassinations so why would I listen to any thing you have to say?



    If I were rich I would simply move to Singapore to avoid a revolution,
    which is precisely what happened in the Russian Federation,
    in case you were not aware.
    Once again, you seem to support violent activity so I am reluctant to take any thing you say seriously.



    Only the political landscape has changed and there are many people in favour of this.
    Have you ever heard of the Libertarian party?
    Ron Paul? Rand Paul? Ayn Rand?
    That being said, and I am repeating myself,
    I am not a libertarian or an anarcho capitalist.
    I believe in a regressive tax with minimal social services such as a police force,
    justice system, fire brigade et cetera.



    I never said the United States was the "best country".
    I have no idea how you could quantify that unless you were blindly nationalistic,
    which is inane.
    That being said, Singapore, South Korea or Japan are most likely the "best",
    and it is because they are "capatalistic", the same as the United States of America.
    The reason the Federal Republic of Germany is one of the least abysmal places in Europe at this point in time is because it adopted the policies and system of the US after WWII.
    Not to mention Switzerland is not in any problem at all because
    1. They did not join the European Union and
    2. They have a conservative government.



    Only most countries also have constitutions.
    This is not some thing specifically American any more.



    False, most socialist ideas originated in what was then the Prussian and German Empires.
    The left wing Hegelians they were called,
    because they followed the writings of the german philosopher Georg Friedrich Hegel but with a left wing application:
    Feuerbach, Marx and Engels were the most notable.
    What you are referring to is Classical Liberalism,
    which finds its roots in Britain, not the United States.



    Only this is not a sustainable method as those people who lose their job to a machine will need to be on social welfare,
    so it is preferable for them to be earning money through labour and thus taxed.



    Only it is not denied, it is just not given because it is not available.



    Thank you.



    Only even on an academic level,
    there is still dispute.
    There are marxist, libertarian, anarchist, syndicalist, neo fascist and capatalist et cetera theories,
    so you will still have people arguing.

    Also, contrary to what most socialists will have you believe,
    Fascism and ultimately National Socialism (Nazism) arose out of Socialism.
    I do not want to enact Godwins law,
    but it has to be said, as you do not seem to understand the destructive power that socialist demagogues can have on a country:

    Benito Mussolini coined the term Fascism in his manifesto and erected the first Fascist government,
    years before Spain, Austria or Germany et cetera.
    Mussolini was a member of a worldwide communist/ socialist group before this happened.
    Fascism at that time was not necessarily considered right wing and ultimately rose out of left wing ideas.
    Think about it. Destruction of individual wants in exchange for the needs of the masses.
    As the failed British dictator, Oswald Mosley, said about Fascism:

    “The basic doctrine of Fascism is not the elimination of the individual, so much as the fusion of the individual in something far greater than himself.”

    Change the word Fascism with Socialism and the same BS remains.
    Not to mention, Mr. Mosley was a member of the Labour party before he "became" a fascist,
    so to speak, which is the foremost socialist party in Britain today.
    Tony Blair and Gordon Brown were both members of this party when they were Prime Minister.
    holy hell bro! how the eff do u know so much

  6. #25
    Wildfire twinshia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    cursed isle
    Posts
    877
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by askar View Post
    holy hell bro! how the eff do u know so much
    Just from reading some books and articles.
    There are other people who know much more,
    trust me.

    Last edited by twinshia; 03-17-2015 at 02:39 AM.
    the annie may loser
    dwells beside his mother's hoover
    at t'other end o' th' room
    where the bathroom meets the broom

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by twinshia View Post
    Just from reading some books and articles.
    There are other people who know much more,
    trust me.

    on here? idk man

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •