Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

[Ideas] Monthly Forum Games

So I've created this thread in order to get ideas for future forum games like the 'Guess that Anime' game we played last year. I'd like to do that game again but I'd also like to add in a trivia part to the game or do a whole different game for that since some people don't have great internet connection. We can break it into two different games. One could be with pictures and that would be the speed game and then the second game could be the trivia game.

With the picture game, it would be snippets of different characters or things that people would need to guess. The trivia game will be for the real otakus of the site or world. It would be questions about many different anime and whoever guess the right answer will be the winner. Obviously, the trivia game will need to be researched a little more in depth so that answers won't just show up on the internet.

I think I've got those 2 for now. So from here, I'd like to create a system for each game. Sort of like a skeleton for how the questions will look like. For Example:

'Guess that Anime: Picture Edition'

Snippet One:
    • [Insert Image Here]

'Guess that Anime: Trivia Edition'

Question 1:

• Q: [Insert Question Here]

So something like that. Can you guys give me feedback on how you like that layout please?

Also, this thread will be here in case you have any suggestions or feedback about the games. This will also be a place where you can put up new ideas for different games that we can do! Have fun!

A game where you have to guess the anime based on a memorable quote from the series.

That's actually pretty cool! Could I add it to the trivia game though? I could have different parts to the game.

Edit: Should I have different parts?

I think a quote game could stand on it's own. Or be a separate segment of some sort of trivia game. Not just having quotes instead of a question here or there, but rather a whole "round" where it's just quotes.

You could do bonus points for knowing things like character and episode (though character may be obvious if you recognize the quote)

The problem with quotes is that it effectively has to be speed questions. In a trivia question you can make a question not "easily" searchable depending on how you word it, but a quote by default will probably be so. I think the way to do it rather than listing the full quote and saying where its from would be to list a quote with like blanks to be filled in. I suppose it'd be an issue if multiple words could be filled in for multiple different quotes though, so it'd probably have to be longer ones.

6. The Following User Likes This Post:

"Believe __!"
    A. in god
    B. what I tell you
    C. it
    D. me, believe me, I'm that nigga boy they love me in the street

Is it uh...D? My final answer.

Another round option could be to use a list of hints to name a character or series. It's something that started to spread in the OP bounty games when simple questions got kind of old. You'd basically list three or more hints that could loosely tie together to identify an anime or character without being an obvious. The problem with the game type is that someone could potentially come up with something that fits all the hints, but isn't what was originally thought of. Though I think the best way to do it is just give it only to what you originally intended, otherwise people start arguing cases for all kinds of answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    Is it uh...D? My final answer.

Another round option could be to use a list of hints to name a character or series. It's something that started to spread in the OP bounty games when simple questions got kind of old. You'd basically list three or more hints that could loosely tie together to identify an anime or character without being an obvious. The problem with the game type is that someone could potentially come up with something that fits all the hints, but isn't what was originally thought of. Though I think the best way to do it is just give it only to what you originally intended, otherwise people start arguing cases for all kinds of answers.
    Would you be able to find an example of this please? From the Bounty Game.

AF SOCIAL MEDIA TEAM ThatCrazyOtaku's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good idea!
    About quotes...it could be fill in the blank type quotes. And it could be section in the Trivia game.
    Set by xeltox

A different game each month is a decent idea, one I've toyed with before but never had the time to run alone.

Guess That Anime is a good choice, both picture and quote. Some sort of caption competition could be fun one month too.

"Every living creature on Earth dies alone."

MDL|OP