Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

No Heroes: IC Thread

New Powered Prisoners. Welcome to your new permanent place of Residence. The Happiness Home.

In here, we will give you new names and contain you all where you can no longer hurt any poor innocent civilians that were just trying to live there lives. You are a danger to the peace we have worked so long to achieve so you will stay here until we can find a way to use your abilities for the greater good. Think more about how much safer we can make you us as usin' your powers once you go through the rehabilitation program. Enjoy your stay. Or not, I really don't care. We're pretty far underground so don't think too hard about escapin'. Probably won't work.

Also, if you haven't realized yet hehe...you can't seem to use your freaky powers here right? Yep we got nice little inventions, courtesy of Dr Solar that produce these things called Nu particles. Yeeeeep. Got them all around the prison site. Of course us guards can use our skills here since well...you don't need to know why. Now. What I need ya'll to do is get situated and acquainted with your new best friends here in the Silver Room. And yeah, you can use our other facilities like the Gym, Psych Ward, the Mess Hall if it's open...but don't try anything funny. It won't be a pleasant experience if someone catches you doing something you're not suppose to be doing. Alright. Orientation's over! When the alarms go beeping it's back to your cells! Don't drag your feet!

Happiness Home Areas - Free for Prisoner Movement
    Silver Room
    Gym
    Psych Ward
    Mess Hall (7am-10pm)
    Everything dies. You. Me. Everyone on this planet. Our sun. Our galaxy, and, eventually, the universe itself. This is simply how things are. It's inevitable... And I accept it. What I will not tolerate-- what I find unacceptable-- is going quietly, like some mewling child, before my time. There is something out there, coming for us, trying to kill us all-- And I would do to it what it would do to us. Brothers. Sisters...will you help me kill worlds?

Shitty Map [not in a bad way]

As the new inmates piled into the Silver Room for their Orientation, two guards would hurry into the Warden's Room to assure the Warden that the new prisoners had just arrived.

Alright then. You're dismissed. Actually, go find Freezer if he's still on the island. He shouldn't have started his patrol just yet. And...can you get me a bowl of soup? I'm craving the soup right now.The guards hurried out the room and several minutes would pass until the Striker Captain would enter, bringing a slight chill to the room. We should be careful with some of these new guys. There are several S level threats and even an X this time. No way we can completely deal with one of those.
    Nothing we can't handle. The Doctor claims that he figure out a way to track potential powered people before their symptoms even emerge. And possibly a way to reduce or eliminate the possibility of more of them. With a bit more funding for our Home of course.
    Blue Raven City seems to enjoy sending their young to us as volunteers and they donate more to us then any other city. Perhaps we should focus 15 percent more of our resources there into finding a bit more powered people. We'd have the funding in about a month then.
    Great. The Doctor will be pleased to hear that. So...let's take a look at our new inmates.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the guard left, older inmates would start staring at the fresh meat, eyeing them from their heads all the way down to their feet. Five guys, part of the Big Fist gang would be the first to "greet" them. All five would get up from their seats and approach the group of newbies, cracking their knuckles to try and intimidate them while also salivating from their stinky mouths.

You there. The red head with those purty green eyes. You wanna be my new girl? It'll be better this way for you. See these guys in here don't really know how to treat ladies, but I do. I give each and every one of them some alone time at night so they don't get jealous. Well, waddya say? The man looked down at the girl like she was a puppy and started moving his hands towards her face. Looks soft.
    Last edited by Taco Lord; 06-20-2015 at 12:20 AM.
    Everything dies. You. Me. Everyone on this planet. Our sun. Our galaxy, and, eventually, the universe itself. This is simply how things are. It's inevitable... And I accept it. What I will not tolerate-- what I find unacceptable-- is going quietly, like some mewling child, before my time. There is something out there, coming for us, trying to kill us all-- And I would do to it what it would do to us. Brothers. Sisters...will you help me kill worlds?

Robin - Silver Room

"****. If I ever get out of here that bald ****er is going to pay. I worked for him for years and he just sells me out like I am some common street thug? And he had the balls to talk about loyalty and what not everytime he was giving a speech to his new henchmen. ****ing hypocrite!"

These were the thoughts that went through Robin's mind while she was taking in the "scenery" of what was known as the Silver Room as the newcomers' orientation was finishing up. And just like clockwork, the group was approached by five inmates. Perfect, day one and already they were getting harassed by gang members. Hah, she thought. They probably have a crappy little name too. Unfortunately for Robin, their first victim was herself. One of them took it upon himself to offer her the glamorous position of being his "new girl". Charming. And not only that, he was moving his hand toward her face.

Robin did something that she might come to regret later. It was never a good idea to pick a fight with a random gang. And that was especially true because they were stuck in here together. She was however even less willing to let the guy think she was an easy mark. She had been around criminals. Thugs, gangsters, scum. Acting meek was the worst thing one could do. She grabbed the man's hand and attempted to force it into a wristlock by twisting it. If it worked, she would turn the man around and kick his knee to make him kneel, facing his friends.

"If any of you trashbags even try to do anything, your friend will have a broken wrist. I've dealt with scum like you and I don't fear you. So **** off and pick on someone else."

If they listened to her. Great. She would let the man go by kicking him towards his friends. If not, she'd break the wrist and get ready for a fight she definitely would lose. Sure, she knew some tricks. But she wasn't no goddamn kung fu master. And without her powers she was just left with whatever she had picked up working less than ideal jobs. And honestly, that wouldn't be all that effective against 4 brutes. She was hoping they'd back off for now. She really was.
    Last edited by Lucian Silver; 06-20-2015 at 02:34 AM.

Surfing like I'm Otto cause I got that Rocket Power
    Blog Entries
    It was already being bad enough that he was caught and thrown in here. Add to the fact that some of the people here were killers and were much more worse than he would ever dare to be. But what really made the situation worse was at this very moment. Right after the introductions were placed and the new inmates were to explore about and what not 5 senior inmates chose to harass a cute redhead in front of him. Were he on the outside, maybe he would have acted different. But in here he has to be smart, and from the looks of things and the words the girl had said, she wasn't that at all. He was a good guy at heart, and was really only the boss of the biker gang he was in was due to their friendships with each other and thus he was voted into the position. He could tell that those 5 inmates in particular were also in a gang faction. Built within the prison cells, but the girl doesn't seem to notice that. That if she were to confront the group and even injure them it would be hell on her head - no pun intended - That was when he decided to step in, his words might make her feel angry at him and she might even attack him but for the best he had to make a move.

Stepping forward, just passing her he would whispering to her "Obviously you haven't" just as she finished saying that she "dealt with scum like you". Of course he was playing the cool guy, but what he said next was almost astonishing. Looking at the inmate who's hand was grabbed by the girl, patting his chest as he spoke "My bad man, but this chick" bringing his arm up, pointing at the girl with his thumb "I already called dibs on the bus, but how about we give yall our desserts for the next month to compensate.? She's more likely to bite your dick off than to suck it. So whatcha say.?"

All the while saying this his guard was up, he's been in tight situations before. But in here every word counts, the other inmates were probably looking at the confrontation and if a fight broke out everyone's asses will be on the line. Plus this way a pretty face doesn't end up being bruised and later down the line she might owe him a favor or two.
    Come on you know the tics connect like Voltron

They be like "He the Man" when I'm really a Thundercat

Undisclosed location within the Happiness Home

Spoiler: BG music

For the past few months, Valentina has been going through different phases of "rehabilitation" ever since she was put in the Happiness Home. She hated every second of it. The smell of the entire facility disgusted her. But complying to all their demands and being a good little girl was the fastest way she could get out of here. She wanted to get back on the job - any job. Valentina believed that not doing any jobs would stagnate her skills. She was a killing machine and a killing machine needs to kill.

At the moment, she was inside what appeared to be a glass case filled with fluid. She could feel some type of relaxant coursing through her muscles and it was slowly wearing off. She was being supplied oxygen through a small mouth piece. From inside she could hear the muffled song playing in the room. It seemed to be Italian opera - The Eternal Sea of my Soul. Such a melodramatic song.

As the relaxant slowly lost its effects, Valentina gained a bit of strength. She slowly opened her eyes. It was blurry but she could roughly make out some of the objects outside her glass case. There were machines and wires everywhere. There were screens and examination tables. She wondered when the "rehabilitation" would stop. She slowly stretched out her arm and touched the glass. She didn't even have strength to lift her arms much less break the glass.

Yes, they took her powers away the second she got to the facility. She couldn't wait to have them back...

Gym

Zihao sat on one of the weightbenches, pumping iron like it was nothing. He no longer had his superhuman physique thanks to this place, but that didn't mean he was weak. He'd always worked out, he just no longer bench pressed cement trucks. Rather, he found the sudden weakness interesting, as now most people in the facility actually proved to be challenges. After his one hundredth rep, got up to put the fifty pound dumbbell back on the rack, then stretched.

"Ah, so nice~"

Stretching after a good workout always felt great. He'd never truly been able to do it before. In the few months he'd been here, it had been quite the learning experience, but things were still the way he remembered. Those at the top were either the strongest or the smartest, and they generally worked in tandem to remain at the top. Zihao didn't truly care, so long as they didn't get in his way, he was fine. And many of the 'gangs' in the facility learned to stay out of his way. When he first arrived, they'd tried to establish dominance over him, thinking him weak since his powers were supressed. A couple of broken hands and a busted jaw had proved them wrong. He may not have his strength and durability, but he still had the martial arts he'd been taught to control that strength.

Zihao remembered that there was a new bunch coming in today, and decided to go check them out. Upon entering, he saw the same set up, though this time it was a woman they were going after. One of the men was trying to be very 'friendly' with her. Zihao shook his head.

"Some never learn."

As he watched, the girl quickly took control, threatening the gang to back off. Another man, this one from the new group, stepped forward to try and difuse the situation. Zihao thought he'd try to act cool in front of the woman, but really, what the guy said was rather funny. Zihao decided to step in before any guards decided to show up. A number of them would beat a prisoner at the drop of the hat, and would jump in any time they saw even the slightest excuse.

"Alright, jng xili, calm down. Do not want to give the guards an excuse to jump in and fight us, do we?"

He turned to the gang members.

"You do not want a repeat of Mike's incident, do you xiōng? I believe it still hurts him when he uses a fork to eat."

He turned to the two from the new group, looked them over, then snickered at them.

"Djiě, you are supposed to shake someone's hand that you meet, not try to snap it."

He chuckled, then looked at the man.

"Xiōng, I think you will get along well in here. You say funny things."

He then brought himself up and pointed at himself with his thumb.

"I am Hofng Zihao. I am sorry if I talk strange, but my native tongue is Zhōngwn, Chinese."

He looked around sadly.

"No one in here speaks it, though."

He shook his head and looked back at them.

"Word to the wise, do not rock the boat unless you are prepared to swim with sharks. There are many weaker groups here, but there are, as you say, top dogs, here. And if you cross them, well, spending life in this place constantly looking over your shoulder and sleeping with one eye open is no way to live. If you make waves, be sure you have the power to protect yourself, or someone you trust at your back."

His stomach chose that moment to growl.

"Wǒ doqin, I apologize. I am always hungry after a work out. You should take this time to familiarize yourself with the facility before it is 'lights out' time. For now, I shall be in the mess hall, which is correctly named. You're welcome to join me, if you would like, but that is up to you."

Darius- Silver Room

His infiltration has been succesful , finding some hunters, showing them the wind powers then turning himself in wasn't exactly a hard thing to do, now he had gotten inside the "happy home" and some imbeciles were already starting a comotion, well that would just help him out. While the comotion was going Darius would just standing around and picking his nose with a bored expresion on his face, and after a while, Darius would take the finger out of his nose and casually fling the booger to a nearby person, saying a "my bad" though it was plainly clear that he didn't ment the apology, returning his attention on cleaning the finger now.

While pretending to be totaly clueless and innocent Darius had taken note of all the weirdos that decided to stand out, apparently not everyone was useless without their powers, well, wouldn't matter to him, as Darius was used to fighting against powers without any of his own untill he could get close enough to steal them. In what was an act of complete mockery Darius picked his nose again and flicked another booger at the same person, again dishing out the same fake apology.

Here comes Vi
    Silver Room

Vi had just finished inspecting all the cells in the prison. New prisoners were coming in today and PPIP wanted her to make sure there weren't any 'presents' left behind by previous inmates for the new ones. It's a busy day for everyone. New inmates had to be brought up to speed and settled down. Old inmates had to be contained so they don't pounce on the new ones in order to assert their dominance. A busy and chaotic day awaited the PPIP personel.

She exited the cell area and stood back against the wall in order to report back to HQ. "Enforcer unit here. I finished the search. All cells are clear. What's my next course of action?" She asked.

"There's a possible conflict in the Silver Room. Disperse the prisoners before it escalates, ASAP."

"Roger that."

The Silver Room wasn't that far away. Vi made a dash for it. The siren lights on her gauntlets activated, filling the dark corridors with flashing red and blue light. Speakers activated too, playing a repeating police siren sound. The police sirens echoed through the prison walls as Vi ran through its tight corridors. The sounds stopped at soon as she stepped into the Silver Room. The speakers were transmitting her own voice now. "Inmates! Step aside!" She slowly walked closer. The siren lights stopped blinking when she reached the group. "Disperse now! Or I will have to use disciplinary action." Vi smirked. She brought her giant cybernetic fists together and cracked her knuckles. A bone cracking sound effect played through her speakers as her fists had no bones to crack.

Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star Badshah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Darius- Silver Room

His infiltration has been succesful , finding some hunters, showing them the wind powers then turning himself in wasn't exactly a hard thing to do, now he had gotten inside the "happy home" and some imbeciles were already starting a comotion, well that would just help him out. While the comotion was going Darius would just standing around and picking his nose with a bored expresion on his face, and after a while, Darius would take the finger out of his nose and casually fling the booger to a nearby person, saying a "my bad" though it was plainly clear that he didn't ment the apology, returning his attention on cleaning the finger now.

While pretending to be totaly clueless and innocent Darius had taken note of all the weirdos that decided to stand out, apparently not everyone was useless without their powers, well, wouldn't matter to him, as Darius was used to fighting against powers without any of his own untill he could get close enough to steal them. In what was an act of complete mockery Darius picked his nose again and flicked another booger at the same person, again dishing out the same fake apology.
    Ralph - Silver Room

Ralph, unlike some of the people causing a commotion in the silver room, was more or less useless without his powers. Sure, he could brawl it out every now and then, but he preferred to avoid it if at all possible. There wasn't anything he was interested enough to risk his body. He even voluntarily joined the prison since there wasn't anything better to do outside. Sometimes, he thought about breaking out, though he'd probably come back after watching a movie or two.

So there he was, sitting quietly in the silver room while reading a random volume of One Piece when a booger landed on his shirt. The culprit apologized so there wasn't any reason to hold grudges over a little thing. He'd take a deep breath and blow it away, say "it's kay" and go back to reading as if nothing had happened. When he was hit by the booger a second time, however, Ralph didn't like it. A shoddy apology wouldn't cut it the second time.

"Watch where you're throwing, damn Mr.5 wannabee. Actually, just don't pick your nose in public if your boogers aren't gonna explode"

The ruckus around him made no difference. He'd seen what had happened and clearly, the big guy was at fault. When the cyborg lady came to put the situation under control, he wanted to interject, but decided to not do it and see where it goes

"I bet that Six Million Dollar Woman is totally going to ignore this booger situation and is going to get involved in a trivial scuffle instead. So typical."

Silver Room - Maki

Saito Maki stood in the middle of the newcomers' group, hanging her head. She still couldn't believe it. After she went to so much effort to escape from the Organization, it only took a few years until she got too full of herself and stopped being careful enough. Result? She was captured again, though by other people this time. Cursing her own stupidity, she sighed at the lecture they received upon arrival, and again when the bullies walked up to them and started causing trouble. Strangely, no one was paying any attention to her. Well, it might have seemed strange, but in fact it wasn't. She had very weak presence, people usually didn't notice her at all. And being as shy as she was, preferred it this way.

Nevertheless, she had decided to put the powers that had been forced on her to good use. Even though she couldn't use them at the moment, she still had the self-defense training she went through as a child, back in the happier times when she lived with her family. As soon as the gang approached them, she slipped to the back, looking around for anything she could use as a weapon. Even a pen would be fine for a Kobudo user. Whether or not she found anything, she would make sure to stand behind the group of bullies, most likely not noticed by any of them. In case a fight did break out, she would be ready to knock out at least one of them with a well aimed pressure point attack before they even noticed she was there.

Though it seemed it won't be necessary. The girl they bothered could take care of herself, and some other guy came to her help as well, though in Maki's opinion, he was somewhat rude. Even a guard showed up soon and ordered everyone to disperse. Fading into the background, Maki made sure to look around carefully, taking in all the happenings in the room. She even noticed one of the newcomers annoying an older inmate who was reading a manga volume. It was beyond her why the new guy was doing that, so she made sure to keep as far as she could from them in order to not get involved. That sort of people were trouble.

World belongs to the lazy!