Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Underwater Basket Weaver Zyketh's Avatar
    Noire - Psych Ward

It was a full moon that night with a few clouds in the sky. In an alley, there was what appeared to be a bonfire radiating warmth through the cold. With good eyes, you could see a bleak silhouette of the fire's source. Like a moth to a light, Noire approached more closely to get warmer. As she encroached upon the fire, the silhouette got easier to make out while the crackling of the fire got louder. Getting closer, there seemed to be an odd human shape in the fire, and the crackling became more eerie. Only a few more steps, and the fire began screaming in agonizing pain. The fire became wild, thrashing about, knocking trashcans over and running into mailboxes. It then ran right up to Noire, grabbing on to her and screaming right in her face as the silhouette gained color, its face melting before her eyes.

"You there. The red head with those purty green eyes."
    Noire snapped out of her daydream in a cold sweat upon hearing that commanding voice. Of course, she missed the first part, only hearing the man ask if that woman wanted to be his new girl, but Noire thought he was talking to her. She blushed a little, never having been confessed to before, and began to stutter in a weak, but high-pitched, voice, "Uh, I-I...". However, another woman spoke up with threats, making Noire blush even harder regarding her obvious mistake. And then another guy interrupted the woman, using such foul language and obscenery, which caused Noire to be taken aback. She was silenced by this, and just decided to leave and get acquainted with the facility.

Walking around, Noire found the layout of her new home to be pretty basic, and it was a lot more accommodating than what she expected. Honestly, she was not expecting much, since she never was imprisoned before, but this place seemed pretty nice if it were not for some people. What surprised Noire the most was the fact this place included a psych ward. Noire headed over there, deciding that it could possibly help her with her previous trauma, or at least give her some treatment to allow her to get decent sleep for once.

Knocking on the door twice, "Hello? I'm coming in." The first thing to greet her eyes was a nicely furnished lobby which included a bookcase filled with book son general mental disorders with some more in depth ones here and there. Noire glossed over them, trying to find one that would fit her specific disorder, but she lacked the knowledge of what to actually look for. There was a receptionist sitting at the desk, chewing gum and blowing bubbles while flipping through a magazine, lazily sitting back in their chair while chatting away on the phone. Now, Noire was sort of used to seeing this kind of thing in tv shows, but it was always a woman doing this, not a man, which caused her to be a little nervous. "Excuse me, sir, but I would like to be treated."

She was ignored. The man continued flipping pages and blowing bubbles with their gum while yapping away on the phone. Ten minutes passed, and then somebody walked out a door on the side, to which the man just pressed a button opening a different door, causing it to open. Still, they did not say a word, but Noire got the gist of it. She was supposed to enter through that door now. Politely, she bowed her head to the man, "Thank you, sir." As Noire passed through the door, she felt like she heard an underhanded laugh, but that could have just been her imagination.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyketh View Post
    Noire - Psych Ward

It was a full moon that night with a few clouds in the sky. In an alley, there was what appeared to be a bonfire radiating warmth through the cold. With good eyes, you could see a bleak silhouette of the fire's source. Like a moth to a light, Noire approached more closely to get warmer. As she encroached upon the fire, the silhouette got easier to make out while the crackling of the fire got louder. Getting closer, there seemed to be an odd human shape in the fire, and the crackling became more eerie. Only a few more steps, and the fire began screaming in agonizing pain. The fire became wild, thrashing about, knocking trashcans over and running into mailboxes. It then ran right up to Noire, grabbing on to her and screaming right in her face as the silhouette gained color, its face melting before her eyes.

Noire snapped out of her daydream in a cold sweat upon hearing that commanding voice. Of course, she missed the first part, only hearing the man ask if that woman wanted to be his new girl, but Noire thought he was talking to her. She blushed a little, never having been confessed to before, and began to stutter in a weak, but high-pitched, voice, "Uh, I-I...". However, another woman spoke up with threats, making Noire blush even harder regarding her obvious mistake. And then another guy interrupted the woman, using such foul language and obscenery, which caused Noire to be taken aback. She was silenced by this, and just decided to leave and get acquainted with the facility.

Walking around, Noire found the layout of her new home to be pretty basic, and it was a lot more accommodating than what she expected. Honestly, she was not expecting much, since she never was imprisoned before, but this place seemed pretty nice if it were not for some people. What surprised Noire the most was the fact this place included a psych ward. Noire headed over there, deciding that it could possibly help her with her previous trauma, or at least give her some treatment to allow her to get decent sleep for once.

Knocking on the door twice, "Hello? I'm coming in." The first thing to greet her eyes was a nicely furnished lobby which included a bookcase filled with book son general mental disorders with some more in depth ones here and there. Noire glossed over them, trying to find one that would fit her specific disorder, but she lacked the knowledge of what to actually look for. There was a receptionist sitting at the desk, chewing gum and blowing bubbles while flipping through a magazine, lazily sitting back in their chair while chatting away on the phone. Now, Noire was sort of used to seeing this kind of thing in tv shows, but it was always a woman doing this, not a man, which caused her to be a little nervous. "Excuse me, sir, but I would like to be treated."

She was ignored. The man continued flipping pages and blowing bubbles with their gum while yapping away on the phone. Ten minutes passed, and then somebody walked out a door on the side, to which the man just pressed a button opening a different door, causing it to open. Still, they did not say a word, but Noire got the gist of it. She was supposed to enter through that door now. Politely, she bowed her head to the man, "Thank you, sir." As Noire passed through the door, she felt like she heard an underhanded laugh, but that could have just been her imagination.

Psych Ward - Noire

The girl would enter a small hallway, but would not get lost as a soft voice would somehow enter her ear from a door immediately to her left. If the girl would follow the voice, she would enter a well sized room with a young woman waving at her with a warm smile on her face. The woman had very curly blonde hair and very round glasses. Her lips were a bright orange and her body was quite thin. Across the room from the woman near the doorway would be a relaxing couch for Noire to sit on if she liked as well as a bowl full of sweets and some water. If Noire entered the room, the door would quietly shut. Hi there! What seems to be troubling you? You can speak freely here it's just you and me. I'll promise to help anyway I can.
    Everything dies. You. Me. Everyone on this planet. Our sun. Our galaxy, and, eventually, the universe itself. This is simply how things are. It's inevitable... And I accept it. What I will not tolerate-- what I find unacceptable-- is going quietly, like some mewling child, before my time. There is something out there, coming for us, trying to kill us all-- And I would do to it what it would do to us. Brothers. Sisters...will you help me kill worlds?

Underwater Basket Weaver Zyketh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco Lord View Post

Spoiler:
    Psych Ward - Noire

The girl would enter a small hallway, but would not get lost as a soft voice would somehow enter her ear from a door immediately to her left. If the girl would follow the voice, she would enter a well sized room with a young woman waving at her with a warm smile on her face. The woman had very curly blonde hair and very round glasses. Her lips were a bright orange and her body was quite thin. Across the room from the woman near the doorway would be a relaxing couch for Noire to sit on if she liked as well as a bowl full of sweets and some water. If Noire entered the room, the door would quietly shut. Hi there! What seems to be troubling you? You can speak freely here it's just you and me. I'll promise to help anyway I can.
    Psych Ward - Noire

Upon going through the door, Noire entered what appeared to be a small hallway. A soft voice began to call to Noire from the door immediately to her left. She felt a strong urge to ignore the voice, thinking she could possibly be going insane due to insomnia, but decided it might just be worth checking out. Entering this room, Noire came face to face with another woman and a comfy couch. Noire sat down, looking at the bowl of sweets to see if there were anything she liked in there. The woman spoke up, inquiring about Noire's issues.

"Well, you see, I am suffering from insomnia. I am having what I think are night terrors? Every time I close my eyes for more than a second, I see a horrible, gruesome, visage while hearing harrowing screams. I... uhh..." Noire looked down for a bit, pausing, not feeling comfortable continuing. In a quiet, ashamed voice, "I burned a man alive..."

Robin - Showers - Showdown

Robin had spent almost half an hour under the hot shower, enjoying the little luxury she had which obviously wouldn't last. After a while she sighed and decided it was time to leave. She quickly wiped herself dry and clothed herself in the prison issue uniform she had been given. Being getting clothed Robin was about to leave, that was when the door open and a familiar face arrived, along with two unknown inmates who looked equally brutish. "Why why, seems like we caught the little cat alone and unaware. Time to pay for what you did earlier. And just so it happens, it seems like we can use some of our powers now. Probably won't last but it'll be enough for us to deal with you, darling."

****. They were back. She knew they were going to be trouble, but so soon? God dammit. But what was that? They could use their abilities? Thoughts raced through her mind. She decided she would attack as fast as she could then try to escape during the confusion. So off she set, using her "light speed" to dash towards the guy speaking and she delivered a knee attack kto the man's face, sending him backwards, unconscious with a broken nose. The idea had been to keep dashing past the other two and escape through the door behind them, however due to not being able to use her powers fully she found herself grabbed around the neck and smashed into the lockers. The gang member's associate was holding her above ground with one hand around her neck, staring into her eyes with his cat like pupils. A shapeshifter?

It was then the last guy started talking, so far he had passively been watching. With a wave from his hand he created a.... safe? A vault? of steel next to himself. It was more or less a bit taller than Robin. What the **** kind of ability was that? "Hehehe... Hey kiddo. Do you see this vault? That's hardened steel. You know what we plan to do with you? We'll be locking you inside of that. See, we could easily kill you right now, but suffocating slowly is so much more painful. Heh."

Meanwhile, none of the four people present had noticed the enforcer from before who was hidden in a corner, with the vault in between her and the criminal who had created it.

OOC: Bullshitting done!

Showers - My fists are the fists that will punch the crap out of the heavens

Vi stood there and waited. She waited and waited. The gang member inmates are nowhere to be seen. That woman is soaking in there for almost half an hour now. She's getting impatient. She tapped her foot so fast and so hard that the floor would be giving in any time now. "I swear to every God in the universe, I'll start beating her if she doesn't come out." She whispered, angrily, under her breath. Just when she was about to lose control and beat the **** out of Robin, three heat signals entered the showers. "Yes! Some action!" Vi smirked and smashed her gauntlets together. Hard. One time. Two times. Three times. Their insides glowed with blue light as they became charged with kinetic energy. "Let's get crackin'" She pulled her right arm back, fist pointing backwards. The other gauntlet pointed towards the showers. The right gauntlet glowed more intensely as all the kinetic energy flowed from the the left fist to the right.

"Vault Breaker!"

Vi aimed a punch towards the wall. Just before it connects, the thrusters on her gauntlets activate at max power. The inmates would hear Vi's attack declaration, making them turn towards the wall she was behind. A moment later, she burst through the wall like it was made out of paper. Her momentum not slowing at all. She continued her path, smashing into the vault. A heavy gong sound echoed around the shower walls. Vi kept going, ripping a clean hole through the vault and her fist connected on the inmate's belly, sending him flying towards the other side of the room. He smashed against the wall and collapsed unconscious. A boxer bell sound rang through Vi's gauntlet speakers, comically announcing the defeat of the inmate.

"Now then..." She turned to the last inmate. "Would you kindly let that ginger lady go and let me punch you a few times?" She smirked.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyketh View Post
    Psych Ward - Noire

Upon going through the door, Noire entered what appeared to be a small hallway. A soft voice began to call to Noire from the door immediately to her left. She felt a strong urge to ignore the voice, thinking she could possibly be going insane due to insomnia, but decided it might just be worth checking out. Entering this room, Noire came face to face with another woman and a comfy couch. Noire sat down, looking at the bowl of sweets to see if there were anything she liked in there. The woman spoke up, inquiring about Noire's issues.

"Well, you see, I am suffering from insomnia. I am having what I think are night terrors? Every time I close my eyes for more than a second, I see a horrible, gruesome, visage while hearing harrowing screams. I... uhh..." Noire looked down for a bit, pausing, not feeling comfortable continuing. In a quiet, ashamed voice, "I burned a man alive..."

Psych Ward - Noire

The psychiatrist looked at the young lady, thinking hard about what she had just said. Night terrors caused by a traumatic umm...let's say experience with your abilities. Well what I would first like to tell you that it's all your fault. Powers like yours can be triggered by certain emotions. Did this...man you burned scare you? Maybe make you angry? Well he also could have simply made you laughed we're not sure exactly how you trigger yours powers. She smiled at the girl trying to get her to look at her before she looked back to her notepad and began scribbling something down. I'm going to prescribe you a little something. Nothing too drastic yet. It's a pill that will allow you to sleep pleasantly, but while you're still here if you don't mind...could we talk about the event...with the man?
    Everything dies. You. Me. Everyone on this planet. Our sun. Our galaxy, and, eventually, the universe itself. This is simply how things are. It's inevitable... And I accept it. What I will not tolerate-- what I find unacceptable-- is going quietly, like some mewling child, before my time. There is something out there, coming for us, trying to kill us all-- And I would do to it what it would do to us. Brothers. Sisters...will you help me kill worlds?

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Irvine View Post
    "Alright, xiōng. I will get you some keys."

Zihao nodded, scooped up what was left of his meal, and mulled over some ideas for a bit. He then turned to Reiji.

"Reiji, can you help me out with this? I'm going to cause a bit of a ruckus, throw them into a bit of chaos. Think you can get one or two of the keys? I'll get the rest."

He then stood up, announcing more generally.

"I will be right back."

He left to deposit his tray, then left the mess hall. Zihao wasn't sure how he'd get the cards, but he had an idea to get one of them. Zihao entered the gym, and walked up to the dumbbell rack. Nothing suspicious, he was regularly working out anyway. But when he grabbed one of the heaviest dumbbells to use as a weighted weapon, he noticed something. It hardly felt like it weighed a thing. The resistance was there, but to him, it was negligible. He took his hand off the dumbbell and flexed a bit. His strength had somewhat returned. Not all of it, felt like, but a bit of it. Inwardly he grinned like a devil. The way he was going to try and get the key cards was going to be a lot funnier now. Zihao grabbed a heavy dumbbell, and faked an unhappy face, and walked over to the nearest guard.

"Excuse me, drn, but there appears to be something wrong with this dumbbell."

He suddenly struck the guard in the head with the hundred pound weight, hard enough to break it.

"See? It is broken?...Oh, are you sleeping? Sorry to disturb you."

He dropped the broken dumbbell and feigned checking on the guard, while pilfering the guard's keycard. He then stood up, waiting for reinforcements. A smile slipped onto his face, unable to repress how much fun he was anticipating.

Gym - Chinaman

The guard when approached by the prisoner, gave him an odd look. His language was strange. Hey! Put that down! The guard prepared to fire his gun towards the chinaman's gut, but the sudden and quick strike by the dumbbell made caused his head to crack and his body to be thrown to the side. It wasn't long after that three guards would enter the gym, all armed with some type of firearm or mid ranged weapon and start to quickly approach the chinaman. The guard in front would activate a communicator on his shirt and begin speaking into it while the other guards moved closer to the convict.

Jacob's down! What's going on?! This prisoner clearly has enhanced strength! Lock down everything! Something's clearly wrong with the generators! Alright boys! Take him fast and hard! The two guards quickly began firing concussive lasers from their weapons while the center guard began reaching into his pocket for something small, but clearly useful.

Beyond Eternity, at the Origin of Everything
    Blog Entries
    Mess Hall, Delilah and Maki

The young girl's reactions were such a refreshing change for Delilah, so used to dealing with lies and cheats. The sheer honesty the girl gave off was such a rarety for the young woman, and the subtle connotations of pride made her smile. This girl was a survivor, her body telling Delilah that, while she seemed naive and a little soft-hearted, the girl had still seen some of the rough parts of this world. Good, less she'd have to break the girl of. "The answer to both of yer questions are linked: I made the hairpin, just now. Somehow, my powers are back, slightly. Harder to use, but still available." To prove her point, Delilah stuck her tongue out as if to blow a raspberry, but with her tongue shifted into diamond to give Maki a definite example of her powers. Delilah's eyes managed to widen slightly when the girl's hand began to shimmer, almost like a trick of the light, but far more sustained and concrete. "Well, I'll be damned, that's an interesting trick ya got there."

Delilah sat there in a moment of silence, thinking of the next move. No doubt, across the prison, other, more dangerous, not to mention more lecherous, inmates were likely realizing that they could use their gifts, as well. While it was tempting to see if she could use the coming events to her, and her new plaything's, advantage, it was better to find someplace safe, and wait out the worst of it. "I think we need to find a nice cell to bunk together in, soon. A storm's coming, because of the change. Ya don't want to be near the chaos, things tend to happen to gals like us." Dellilah offered her hand to the girl, hoping that she could get Maki to initiate physical contact. Not only did it give her minor power over the girl, though she didn't know it, but if the girl would willingly touch her, it is a sign of trust Delilah needed to nurture in the girl.

Should Maki take her hand, she'd immediately pull her into one of the cell blocks, find a cell, and instantly close the bars behind her, before starting the slow task of bolstering the steel bars into ones made of pure Graphene. Should Maki not take her hand, Delilah would still head to the cell block, and begin performing the same tasks, though hopefully the younger girl would at least follow her.
    People say Eternity is Forever, but in truth, it is the Moment. Every Moment is an endless thing, for what happens then will shape Forever. Do not miss an important Eternity chasing Forever.