Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 125
  1. #11
    togashi graped me #hiatus Arcelie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Funbari Onsen
    Posts
    7,373
    Blog Entries
    14
    also start thinking about a case to house all of this.

  2. #12
    Anime Guru in training Erebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    decks of the world
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    3
    does he need one with place for SSD?
    3 fans is not a condition cause he has 2 system fan headers on mobo
    unless ofc in the long run
    Last edited by Erebus; 10-12-2015 at 03:06 PM.
    https://twitter.com/Erebus2509

    set by Freya

    ♫* Hime, hime, daisuki!*♫
    "Spread the otaku ways!"

  3. #13
    Investigator MarianSony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Near Danube
    Posts
    9,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Also, I recommend the following case: Zalman Z3 Plus
    5 fans; 4 already installed

    one bay for your ssd

    If you want something cheaper just let us know

  4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post:


  5. #14
    togashi graped me #hiatus Arcelie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Funbari Onsen
    Posts
    7,373
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    does he need one with place for SSD?
    no, I unscrewed a HDD mounting bracket and placed my SSD there. most cases usually have like 3-4 HDD bays.

    The bays are designed for HDD's so you need to remove one or try if your SSD fits.

  6. #15
    Anime Guru in training Erebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    decks of the world
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcelie View Post
    no, I unscrewed a HDD mounting bracket and placed my SSD there. most cases usually have like 3-4 HDD bays.

    The bays are designed for HDD's so you need to remove one or try if your SSD fits.
    but usually hdd is 3.5'' and ssd is 2.5'', it still fits?
    https://twitter.com/Erebus2509

    set by Freya

    ♫* Hime, hime, daisuki!*♫
    "Spread the otaku ways!"

  7. #16
    togashi graped me #hiatus Arcelie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Funbari Onsen
    Posts
    7,373
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    but usually hdd is 3.5'' and ssd is 2.5'', it still fits?
    Internet says new cases come with extra mounting holes for 2.5 on HDD bays. My case didn't have those extra holes

    Psp needs to check his case.

  8. #17
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Kt7ggs
    This is my new build.
    The case has 3 2.5 SSD bays and 3 HDD bays. Also, reading from the reviews, it apparently comes with 4 fans.
    I did go with 8gb ram (2x4gb)
    As for the CPU cooler, we'll see how this one operates and I'll replace it if it starts acting up.


    EDIT: Could I use ubuntu OS on this? : o
    I've always really wanted to get into ubuntu : o

  9. #18
    Anime Guru in training Erebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    decks of the world
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pspfanatic View Post
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Kt7ggs
    This is my new build.
    The case has 3 2.5 SSD bays and 3 HDD bays. Also, reading from the reviews, it apparently comes with 4 fans.
    I did go with 8gb ram (2x4gb)
    As for the CPU cooler, we'll see how this one operates and I'll replace it if it starts acting up.


    EDIT: Could I use ubuntu OS on this? : o
    I've always really wanted to get into ubuntu : o
    linux, yes ofc, and its free
    think it has good support for most of programs, but I dont know which ones dont work
    https://twitter.com/Erebus2509

    set by Freya

    ♫* Hime, hime, daisuki!*♫
    "Spread the otaku ways!"

  10. #19
    Investigator MarianSony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Near Danube
    Posts
    9,967
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pspfanatic View Post
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Kt7ggs
    This is my new build.
    The case has 3 2.5 SSD bays and 3 HDD bays. Also, reading from the reviews, it apparently comes with 4 fans.
    I did go with 8gb ram (2x4gb)
    As for the CPU cooler, we'll see how this one operates and I'll replace it if it starts acting up.


    EDIT: Could I use ubuntu OS on this? : o
    I've always really wanted to get into ubuntu : o
    the case is ok but it seems many had problems with their motherboards...they didn't fit @_@

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    linux, yes ofc, and its free
    think it has good support for most of programs, but I dont know which ones dont work
    Hmm that's definitely something to investigate
    Quote Originally Posted by MarianSony View Post
    the case is ok but it seems many had problems with their motherboards...they didn't fit @_@
    Dammit, where did you see this? D;

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •