Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star Badshah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sei - Antokiba Tavern

Now that he was officially a member, it was time for Sei to bid adieu to the Bullet Fool Community. He wished he could stay longer, but the usage of their facilities seemed more for past time recreational purposes than anything and he didn't have a single jenny to be able to buy any of their shiny toys. Besides, there wasn't any space on him for anything else right now. He was pretty much covered in guns and bullets from head to toe. That's when he realized the advantage of buying guns from Greed Island: they could be turned into cards! So much easier to carry and he could carry a lot more stuff than he's able to right now.

For now, he just left and headed on to a random direction in the town. He didn't even have a map right now so there wasn't much to do besides blindly trying to find some sort of an event going on all the while turning random things into cards and then back into those things. It was just so much fun, Sei didn't think he'd ever get tired of using that ability.

While walking past a random tavern, the smell of something delicious lured him into the kitchen where quite a crowd had gathered around a chef displaying his skills. He pushed a few guys aside to get ahead of the crowd when the third explosion of flavor occurred. Sei was close to it and could feel the full brunt of the feast's aroma.

"I'll take one of those!" He said to the chef preparing it. Sei would be pretty easy to spot as he towered well above average human, currently wiping off a goofy drool sliding down the side of his lips "Dibs! ... Just in case"

Forest Wilderness

A figure burst through a bush as it ran through the trees. From far behind him he could hear growls as whatever it was that was chasing him was still chasing him. A tuft of blond hair that rose like a spike above his forehead remained upright despite the air's best attempts to push it down as the teen ran. Finally after a while the sounds receded, and after running for a while longer to be sure, the teen stopped and leaned on a tree, gasping to regain his breath.

"Finally....lost them..."

He managed to say between breaths. He slowly regained his breath, and composure, and looked around. He was still in the forest, but where exactly he didn't know. He'd left Antokiba to explore and had gone too far. After trying to find his way back, he began to hear animalistic noises, and when they began to grow closer he'd high tailed it out of there as fast as he could. He looked around, but all he saw were trees. He climbed up one of them, but saw nothing that helped him know where he was.

"Where am I?!"

He shouted at no one in particular. His stomach growled, but he had no food on him.

"I wish I could use Nen to conjure food."

He whispered to himself, tears streaming down his face. If he got out of this, he'd either learn how to do that, or find someone who could and travel with them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Irvine View Post
    Forest Wilderness

A figure burst through a bush as it ran through the trees. From far behind him he could hear growls as whatever it was that was chasing him was still chasing him. A tuft of blond hair that rose like a spike above his forehead remained upright despite the air's best attempts to push it down as the teen ran. Finally after a while the sounds receded, and after running for a while longer to be sure, the teen stopped and leaned on a tree, gasping to regain his breath.

"Finally....lost them..."

He managed to say between breaths. He slowly regained his breath, and composure, and looked around. He was still in the forest, but where exactly he didn't know. He'd left Antokiba to explore and had gone too far. After trying to find his way back, he began to hear animalistic noises, and when they began to grow closer he'd high tailed it out of there as fast as he could. He looked around, but all he saw were trees. He climbed up one of them, but saw nothing that helped him know where he was.

"Where am I?!"

He shouted at no one in particular. His stomach growled, but he had no food on him.

"I wish I could use Nen to conjure food."

He whispered to himself, tears streaming down his face. If he got out of this, he'd either learn how to do that, or find someone who could and travel with them.
    Vash - Forest Wilderness

Vash was among the last to enter Greed Island. Without a clue as to what to do the man continued his stroll towards Antokiba, it was the closest town and he should find some answers there. However, the man had no map and a terrible sense for direction. He also loses focus quickly as proven when the moment he locked eyes with the forest the first thing he thought off was animals. And that train of thought turned into food so without a second thought the man moved towards the forest.

Vash entered the forests and quickly heard the growls of various animals in the forest. The man could not help but prepare his lips for the tasty food he was about to eat. He quickly entered a state of Zetsu, Vash's zetsu ability was pretty basic, but still it'd do its job for the animals in this forest. The man leaped up on the closest tree he could find and from there he'd hope from branch to branch until he'd find a target. And there it was, a wild turkey! Jackpot! Vash thought to himself. He'd take his revolver and carefully aim at the turkey, left eye closed and breathing stopped. And then click.

Vash fired twice at the lone turkey. The shot echoed through the forest with a loud bang. The turkey however was done for. It could not react in time to evade the gunshots. Vash leaped down from his branch and took the turkey as his prize. He held it up and smiled.

"This hunter stuff ain't so bad after all. Hahahah!" Vash said as suddenly he heard a shout from another person.

Vash quickly ran towards the location of the sound, he was easy to locate as Vash simply followed the source of his aura. Vash from below the stranger would shout.

"Oi! You a player? I've got some turkey here. You want some?" Vash said being oblivious to what kind of danger roamed in this forest. Either he was overly confident or simply an airhead.
    Last edited by Guren; 02-24-2016 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guren View Post
    Vash - Forest Wilderness

Vash was among the last to enter Greed Island. Without a clue as to what to do the man continued his stroll towards Antokiba, it was the closest town and he should find some answers there. However, the man had no map and a terrible sense for direction. He also loses focus quickly as proven when the moment he locked eyes with the forest the first thing he thought off was animals. And that train of thought turned into food so without a second thought the man moved towards the forest.

Vash entered the forests and quickly heard the growls of various animals in the forest. The man could not help but prepare his lips for the tasty food he was about to eat. He quickly entered a state of Zetsu, Vash's zetsu ability was pretty basic, but still it'd do its job for the animals in this forest. The man leaped up on the closest tree he could find and from there he'd hope from branch to branch until he'd find a target. And there it was, a wild turkey! Jackpot! Vash thought to himself. He'd take his revolver and carefully aim at the turkey, left eye closed and breathing stopped. And then click.

Vash fired twice at the lone turkey. The shot echoed through the forest with a loud bang. The turkey however was done for. It could not react in time to evade the gunshots. Vash leaped down from his branch and took the turkey as his prize. He held it up and smiled.

"This hunter stuff ain't so bad after all. Hahahah!" Vash said as suddenly he heard a shout from another person.

Vash quickly ran towards the location of the sound, he was easy to locate as Vash simply followed the source of his aura. Vash from below the stranger would shout.

"Oi! You a player? I've got some turkey here. You want some?" Vash said being oblivious to what kind of danger roamed in this forest. Either he was overly confident or simply an airhead.
    Zell remained crying on top of the tree when gunshots shook him from his stupor. He whirled around, looking toward the direction they had come from. He held up his hand to block the sunlight from his eyes as he peered in the direction, looking for something, anything. It wasn't quite the direction he'd run from a little while earlier, but it may have been whatever had chased him had found something new. He thought about what to do when a voice startled him. His foot slipped and Zell fell out of the tree, body slamming comically on the grass below. However, his head poked up, apparently unfazed by the fall. His eyes sparkled with tears of joy as he looked at the stranger offering him food.

"I would love some."

He hopped up and wiped blades of grass from his clothes. He looked at his gloved hand, brushed it on his shirt, then held it out.

"Pleased to meet you. I'm Zell Dincht. What's your name?

He waited for the man to shake his hand, and if the man didn't, Zell would retract it awkwardly. Still, he was glad for a meal, though he had no cooking skills to speak of, nor anything with which to even try to cook. Still, Zell remained positive.

"Do you know where we are? I was chased by something that sounded like a pack of monsters and got lost."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Irvine View Post
    Zell remained crying on top of the tree when gunshots shook him from his stupor. He whirled around, looking toward the direction they had come from. He held up his hand to block the sunlight from his eyes as he peered in the direction, looking for something, anything. It wasn't quite the direction he'd run from a little while earlier, but it may have been whatever had chased him had found something new. He thought about what to do when a voice startled him. His foot slipped and Zell fell out of the tree, body slamming comically on the grass below. However, his head poked up, apparently unfazed by the fall. His eyes sparkled with tears of joy as he looked at the stranger offering him food.

"I would love some."

He hopped up and wiped blades of grass from his clothes. He looked at his gloved hand, brushed it on his shirt, then held it out.

"Pleased to meet you. I'm Zell Dincht. What's your name?

He waited for the man to shake his hand, and if the man didn't, Zell would retract it awkwardly. Still, he was glad for a meal, though he had no cooking skills to speak of, nor anything with which to even try to cook. Still, Zell remained positive.

"Do you know where we are? I was chased by something that sounded like a pack of monsters and got lost."
    Vash moved his head as he observed the crashing man. Surprisingly he had little to no damage from such a fall, the dude must have a tough build Vash thought to himself. The young man hopped up and rose his arm to greet Vash and introduced himself as Zell Dincht. Vash smiled and did the same thing.

"Name's Vash! Vash Ericks"

He said as his hand locked with Zell's and he finally found another human being on this weird island. Before he could even ask a question of his own Zell had another one ready.

"Well to be honest, I've been wondering the same thing. I was on my way to Antokiba. But I got hungry, saw the forest and figured I could hunt for some food. Then I kinda got lost here. Speaking of which."

Vash said as he crouched down to pick up the turkey. He presented it to Zell and rubbed the back of his head as he forced a smile.

"You don't have a knife or something sharp by any chance do you? I can make a fire and cook it but I didn't bring a knife with me." He said as he looked around trying to spot for a building or something else. The two men had food and someone that could cook it, all they needed now was something sharp to cut the head off.

"Nope. Seems like we're on our own here." Vash said as his quick search turned out to be in vain.

Antokiba Tavern: Quest for the Silver Salmon

Ooooo!!! Cat Chef was seemingly amazed at what the black haired young man had managed to create in such a short time. Pork Roast! It looks tasty!!! Cat Chef would be the first to taste the delightful smelling food as he produced a fork and knife out of thin air and sliced off a piece of the pork roast for himself before throwing it into his mouth. Mmmmm!!! Wonderful just wonderful! You really are a good cook! Perhaps you can help me after all! After taking his bite and munching down, Cat Chef raised his finger up and began to tell his story.

You see, I am looking for a specific salmon fish. When I was just a young kitten, my mother was able to cook this salmon and the taste was unlike anything I have ever had before! I'm sure that if I had this salmon and was able to cook it, it would reignite my passion for cooking! I've heard that the salmon lives in a lake not far out of the city. The lake is however home to several dangerous sea creatures and bandits live around it. If you could find this salmon and bring it back to me I would be most grateful and give you a very special card. What do you say mister chef? If the young chef accepted his request, Cat Chef would happily hug the young man before letting him go and telling him the location of an old fisherman in the city who might be able to loan him a rod.
    Everything dies. You. Me. Everyone on this planet. Our sun. Our galaxy, and, eventually, the universe itself. This is simply how things are. It's inevitable... And I accept it. What I will not tolerate-- what I find unacceptable-- is going quietly, like some mewling child, before my time. There is something out there, coming for us, trying to kill us all-- And I would do to it what it would do to us. Brothers. Sisters...will you help me kill worlds?

Antokiba

Enjoying the thrill of the crowd, Gin's eyes burned brightly as Cat Chef tasted his cooking, also noticing the man who had pushed himself to the front of the crowd in order get up close. "Hahaha! Of course, all who wish to take their palate to another world are welcome to try my cooking!!!" Before Cat Chef began speaking, he would cut off a portion of the 'roast' and serve it to the man, who he assumed was another player. Gin listened closely as Cat Chef began explaining a quest that he could partake in, one that involved bandits, monsters and treasure. Gin smiled voraciously as he accepted, taken aback by the sudden affection from the NPC, causing his bandana to fall off. Instantly, he went back to his normal demeanor, something that would be obvious to anyone who had perception of Nen. His tired eyes scanned the crowd, that had slowly start to dissipate, leaving only himself, Duke, Hikaru, and the taller player who he had shared his food with.

"Wanna go on an adventure?"

Assuming they would accept (or not), Gin began walking slowly towards the door and off to find the old fisherman, hoping the man would introduce himself as they walked.

Antokiba

Just as Duke got a whiff of the delicious smell of Gin's deliciously smelling food, another man appeared with the same intentions and was after the food. The man's colour indicated that he was an emission type hunter. Duke couldn't believe his luck today because he wanted to avoid transmuters and enhancers and the other types just seemed to be flocking around him like it was christmas. "Lucky!" he declared before grabbing his knife and fork and digging into the food. Anyone would pretty much assume he was referring to the feast and not the new hunter showing up. As he began eating, he instantly became addicted and started eating at an alarming pace, to the extent it might even upset a chef as he could barely taste a food at this point. While he was eating like some kind of animal, the cat chef npc thing brought up some ordeal which seemed to be a quest of some kind.

Since he had no idea how to find any cards for now, this was a good opportunity to figure out more about how the system here in game works. Interested, he came across a conclusion the others might not have come to. The cat creature offered a single card, and while they may become allies in the future, it was far too soon for trust to have been built up. "Lets play a game to make this interesting. since it's only one card, whichever of us can best describe what the fish looks like before we find it will win the card if we complete the quest." he'd suggest, before getting back to his food as their was a little bit left for him to finish up and he didn't want to leave any behind.

Antokiba

Gin turned his body around, continuing his pace but walking backwards as he listened to Duke's proposition. The man seemed to be extremely fond of games and gambling, which Gin assumed related to his power as most Hatsu was. Nonetheless, he was also unware of how to really play the game yet, and while he wanted the card he also knew this was a chance to gain something more valuable: information. After all, they were in Antokiba, the epicenter for knowledge in this game, so Gin decided to accept the challenge. "Osu. Sounds interesting. The old man we are supposed to meet might have some more information for us." Knowing that taking this deal put him at a disadvantage, the sheer intrigue allowed him to agree. But he was also wary of Duke, as the man seemed like he was in on a joke where only he knew the punchline, which made him... dangerous, potentially. Turning back around, he proceeded to slam right into the wall next to the tavern door, but gave no real reaction to the pain. There was a thin line of blood running down his nose as he continued walking out of the door.
    I'm the Commander. No one fights for me.
    -----

| 450 | 400 | 350 |

Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star Badshah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Antokiba Tavern - Sei

While he was lost in gorging down his food, the cat chef proposed a quest that would essentially be rewarded with one of the 100 cards required to complete the game. Sei had forgotten about his original suspicion that this many people gathered in one place might be a trigger to some sort of a game event, but the aroma of the food had distracted him. With the sudden mention of a special prize, he was back in business and began talking before he had finished chewing properly.

"That'f a-" He realized he couldn't continue talking this way, so he'd simply put up a finger, gesturing everyone to wait a minute until he could chew the food in his mouth and swallow it "That condition is a little vague, isn't it? How do we decide who had the best description? I wouldn't mind if a game NPC was the judge, but I'm assuming, from what I've seen so far, that they won't be able to do it." He paused and gave others a time to think and come up with a solution, which was basically just a fair judge "If not, we can just make it simple: whoever captures the fish first gets the card"

At this point, Sei was finished with his food. He was a pretty quick eater. If something was decided, they could go ask the old man about more information...or they could go ask him about it and then finalize the details on how the card will be won among the three.