Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    The Fish Quest You're Already ****ing Up

Well if you're planning to go fishing anywhere, the only spot worth doing so is the old lake on the way into the city you can't miss it. On the topic of your salmon, well there's plenty of types in that lake, you'll just have to keep trying until you catch the one you want. Nothing too special about doing it, just takes patience and a quiet mind for that. When the odd young gentleman began speaking about some sort of favor with the fish and which of these two would be the closest in description, the old fisherman gave the young man a confused look. I'm sorry what? A favor? Don't know what you're talking about. Anyways just go outside of the city and you should see the lake. After saying this, the old fisherman leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jonah's Catch

The patient Jonah had been fishing for quite a while and had a caught a few interesting fish, but none with the description of the Big Blue Tuna. However, he was persistent and knew eventually, he'd catch what he wanted. If this is a game, then there must be some sort of trick to catching a fish like this. Perhaps... Jonah looked to either side of him, making sure no one was around and activated his ren causing his nen to erupt around his body. Ok so...now to use that cool trick that nice old lady taught me. Nen would flow towards Jonah's eyes as they looked into the lake. From them, he could see several small sources of nen surrounding objects under the water and a smile would appear on his face. Sweet! So I think I'm catching onto this. The Big Blue Tuna would clearly have a bigger nen around it right? But I wonder if my own nen would cause it to be scared off...hmm...perhaps I should use that other thing.
    Everything dies. You. Me. Everyone on this planet. Our sun. Our galaxy, and, eventually, the universe itself. This is simply how things are. It's inevitable... And I accept it. What I will not tolerate-- what I find unacceptable-- is going quietly, like some mewling child, before my time. There is something out there, coming for us, trying to kill us all-- And I would do to it what it would do to us. Brothers. Sisters...will you help me kill worlds?

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hype View Post
    Forest Area Quest - Zell and Vash

"Alexey.. but feel free to call me Pixel, as most my acquaintances do. I'm almost certain my tools are in my shed. I'll go have a look see." The slender male replied, making his way out of the front door. By now the pair were immersed in their debate on what to eat. The choices are quite grand, as Alexey always kept his fridge loaded, which seems to contradict with his very slender figure. Seconds would turn to minutes, and those minutes possibly to hours without Alexey every returning to the cottage.

Should one of the pair notice it, they'd see large structures now formed around the cottage itself. It was almost as if the cottage was trapped within a second cottage. Yet still, Alexey could not be seen or heard. It appeared he had set a trap for the young males, imprisoning them inside the cottage. They now had the option of investigating in looking for an escape route, or... finishing their meal as they are likely still hungry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guren View Post
    Vash - Forest Area - @Hype and Irv
    The man introduced himself as Alexey or Pixel as some call him. Vash heard the man say it but as his mind was occupied with food he didn't really process and capture that information. The young blond man took several slices of steak and other stuff he could find and started to prepare. His cooking had begun as Alexey ran out of the cottage. Vash wasn't really much of a gourmet cook but he could take care of himself. Basic hunter stuff ya know? Hunting and cooking is like the bare minimum a man who spend his years running could do. Vash had prepared the turkey and the steak with some nicely cooked veggies and presented it on the table.

"A dinner isa servede!" The young man said impersonating an cliched version of an Italian man.

The two or at the very least Vash would dig in on the meat as they had a very nice meal, it wasn't something special or strip worthy but it'd do its job. Vash finished his plate and his second serving and leaned back, he was content with the food. As he drank from his glass of water the young man suddenly spoke as he found something strange.

"That weird guy...Was 's name? Pixel? Yeah, it's been an hour and he hasn't returned." Vash said as he stood up and looked through a window.
    "Hmmm. Since when was this house. Inside of another house?" Vash said not really grasping the situation he was in.

Vash afterwards sat down and took another sip of his glass of water. He finished it and placed it back on the table, his eyes were dead serious this time. And one could feel some murderous intent seeping from his persona.

"That mother****er...trapping us in here." He said observing the area they were in and waiting for Zell if he had any ideas as to what to do.

Zell watched earnestly as Vash began to prepare the food, nodding absently at Alexey's short introduction. Zell didn't know how to cook, a failure on his part, and so he drooled a little as he watched Vash work. While to many Vash's method might not have looked like much, to Zell and his empty belly, it was magic. Once he finished and put the food on the table, Zell put his hands together in prayer.

"Thank you for the meal!"

With that, he dug in with gusto. The steak was well cooked, and the turkey felt just right, Vash having even prepared some cooked vegetables to go with them. Zell wasn't a fan of veggies, but his momma always told him to eat whatever was on his plate, and Zell wouldn't dream of disappointing his momma. Zell used the water in his glass to help wash down the food as he ate more. He was well into his third serving when Vash spoke up about how their host hadn't returned yet. Zell slowed down to hear him and watched as Vash went to the window to look outside. When he mentioned that they were within another house, Zell jumped up with his plate and walked over to look too. As their situation began to sink in, Zell swallowed the mouthful he'd been chewing on and looked at Vash.

"Does this mean I won't be getting a new toolbox anytime soon?"

Zell finished off his food and downed another glass of water to wash it all down, figuring he'd need a full belly for whatever might be happening soon. Vash seemed to be looking at him expectantly, but Zell wasn't much of a planner. He wasn't stupid, but he just wasn't a planner. He was a terrible chess player, too.

"Guess we should at least see if the door's unlocked in this house, and see what's going on out there. Staying in here won't achieve anything."

Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star Badshah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJ5 View Post
    Gin chuckled to himself when he heard Saiba, "Ah, actually I-" before he could finish Sei had used used Book, trying to make him feel a little more relaxed. "...Saiba is fine." He appreciated his newly found friends support, even if he didn't show it, as he was a very odd human being. The old man finally answered the door, allowing Sei to do the talking. Interested in the old man's house, he tinkered around as Sei spoke, finally grabbing a fishing rod that he liked. Gin was used to fileting fish, not catching them, and figured this would definitely give him a new perspective on the true depth of a good dish. Cooking is only the final step in an incredibly complex and incredible process. He swung the rod around like a sword, wondering how he was going to do anything with this skinny piece of wood. "Book." His book appeared in front of him, surprise him a bit as he hadn't really gotten accustomed to the game yet. "Gain?" He said in a puzzled tone as nothing happened. "..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco Lord View Post
    The Fish Quest You're Already ****ing Up

Well if you're planning to go fishing anywhere, the only spot worth doing so is the old lake on the way into the city you can't miss it. On the topic of your salmon, well there's plenty of types in that lake, you'll just have to keep trying until you catch the one you want. Nothing too special about doing it, just takes patience and a quiet mind for that. When the odd young gentleman began speaking about some sort of favor with the fish and which of these two would be the closest in description, the old fisherman gave the young man a confused look. I'm sorry what? A favor? Don't know what you're talking about. Anyways just go outside of the city and you should see the lake. After saying this, the old fisherman leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jonah's Catch

The patient Jonah had been fishing for quite a while and had a caught a few interesting fish, but none with the description of the Big Blue Tuna. However, he was persistent and knew eventually, he'd catch what he wanted. If this is a game, then there must be some sort of trick to catching a fish like this. Perhaps... Jonah looked to either side of him, making sure no one was around and activated his ren causing his nen to erupt around his body. Ok so...now to use that cool trick that nice old lady taught me. Nen would flow towards Jonah's eyes as they looked into the lake. From them, he could see several small sources of nen surrounding objects under the water and a smile would appear on his face. Sweet! So I think I'm catching onto this. The Big Blue Tuna would clearly have a bigger nen around it right? But I wonder if my own nen would cause it to be scared off...hmm...perhaps I should use that other thing.

Sei - The Mission That's Surely To Be Successful

"Strange, that's not how it's supposed to be. You should've been able to turn it into a card" Sei said then paused for a short minute before continuing where he left off his sentence "unless you're a NPC?" He had a confused look on his face. Even before speaking it out, the gunslinger knew his question was weird and unfeasible, but he also knew that the spell worked. Maybe Saiba wasn't doing it right, but it wasn't a difficult thing to do. The whole process was pretty easy to perform an came to the PCs as naturally as breathing. Only thing that took time being used to was witnessing the strange phenomenon.

Inside, the old man outright refused to go along with whatever contest the two (or more, I guess, but DV and Riyk don't seem to be posting) so Sei would just bring up his previous suggestion. "Since that didn't work out, how about we make a deal? Whoever catches the fish gets the card. We can even try and complete this game as a tag team and just share the rewards at the end"

Sei proposed his idea and picked up a fishing rod, preparing to walk towards the lake where the fish was supposed to be. Once they got there, he'd go find a worm or an insect of some kind to use as a bait and begin to fish and see if anything took a bite. Assuming the duo of Sei and Saiba were able to see Jonah, Sei would probably react to him. If not, then he'd just sit quietly and try to fish out the salmon. He was ready to shoot it dead the moment it came in his field of vision.

They place where the blind can see and the deaf can see too
    Forest Area Quest - Zell and Vash

Outside, Alexey finishes the final touches to his house of captivity. The ceiling was seemingly non-existent, but in reality it was made with cubes of pure air. The walls were made with dense wood and earth, and there were two podiums a short distance from the door. Should the pair exit the house, they would see these very details. The set of podiums had names inscribed into them. One for Zell and one for Vash.

At this point, Alexey could be seen rising into the sky on a similar podium. This was all an odd sight, and it'd be difficult to discern what his true intentions were. Once the pair would come outside, Alexey would begin explaining to them his purpose.

"Welcome, boys, welcome. I eagerly await your presence. Today is the day you take your first challenge here in this forest. Would you like to play a game?? Well too bad, cause if you want out you'll have to play. This game is called 'Pixel's Problematic Puzzle Playground', and the rules are really simple. I love math, probably too much, but I just love love LOVE it. So I'm gonna make you love it with me. This is a mental exam with a physical endurance test. If you answer right, you get saved. Answer wrong, you get thwomped. There are ten questions total. You can choose to do five questions each for a 1:1 punishment ratio, or do ten questions together with a 1:2 punishment ratio. Take your pick."

City of Dorias - Goh

Though Goh performed his counter attack with great poise and precision, the opponent was able to guard against it effectively. This ceased the man's backward movement, and kept him in range to attack quicker than Goh'd expect. The opponent's attack was interesting to say the least, in that it wasn't something Goh has seen before. Goh wasn't extremely versed in the intricacies of Nen and its various forms and types. He learned his way of fighting in the dojo and as such, only learned what was necessary for him. His dojo wasn't one that taught Nen and martial arts equally, rather teaching martial arts wholeheartedly and Nen should it come up.

This, Goh wasn't quite sure how to defend. He was taught to use his spirit to defend himself. In this case, that was covering himself in Ren aura to strengthen his body's defense. He'd catch the spherical attack in the abdomen, causing his body to fold around it, lifting him off of the ground and sending him flying backward. He fell onto his back, rolling into a crouched position, taking time to gather himself. It was painful indeed, but Goh wasn't ready 5y give in. He was stubborn as most enhancers are.

He'd slowly make his way to his feet, taking deep breaths as he did so. After he composed himself, he'd swiftly charge forward, attempting to close the distance himself this time. Upon nearing, he'd leap into the air, rotating so that his back was immediately facing his opponent. While turning, Goh tucked his rear leg back, grabbing it with his left hand. His lead leg would come down in the form of a heavy kick, but this wasn't the end. He'd release his rear leg, also whipping it down to perform a second kick. He used two kicks so that even if the first was avoided it blocked, the second kick would increase his chances of landing.