Shinsei's Guide to Being a Man!

I'm 29 - and when I was a teenager, I had no friends, I had high anxiety and social disorders, and could barely look at a girl, much less talk to one.

I am now married with children, have a house, and I am a successful white-collar professional. I still deal with anxiety and stress, but I manage it far better now.

Here's Shinsei's Top 5 tips to be a man:

1. Groom everyday. Shower, shave, use a nice aftershave. Look after yourself and take pride in yourself. Forget this 'new age douchebag' look. It is terrible. Girls hate it. Girls want a man, not an emotional trainwreck of a boy who smells like a dumpster.

2. Be confident. If you follow #1, #2 should follow - because you'll feel confident just looking into the mirror. The feel of a suit helps too. Dress to impress.

3. Listen to positive music. #3 affects #2. If you listen to good, strong, upbeat music, you will feel happy and confident. If you listen to Linkin Park and Type O Negative all day, you're going to have a bad time. I suggest filling your Ipod collection with manly, confident music. Even if you don't like it at first, it'll grow on you. In my opinion everything that was made after the 80's is all just crap. If you want some really good music, go back to the 60's, 70's and 80's. But that's just me. If it makes you feel strong and positive inside yourself, then keep it.

4. Exercise and believe in something. Your physical, spiritual and mental health are all interlinked. Keep reasonably healthy, don't binge drink or take drugs, and believe in something. (Doesn't have to be God...even if you just believe in yourself and the power of your own spirit and soul). This will affect how you perceive the world and your place in it.

5. Keep good company. Good friends make all the difference in the world. If you have flaky friends who are never there, run you down, or just are always negative, get rid of them. You need to save yourself before you can save the world, so don't worry about their problems. Focus on you and your issues. If you have even just 1 or 2 good friends, it's better than having 1,000,000 "facebook e-friends" who you don't know, don't talk to, and are never there for you.

Take this from someone with a huge amount of life experience who is almost 30 now.

"There is no greater evil in this world or any other than for the strong to stand by idly and let injustice to unanswered."

2. The Following User Likes This Post:

Good for you, Messr! Truly you are an inspiration!

As an aspiring man trapped in a woman's body I am filled with determination reading this transgender success story. Thank you for sharing!

I will defo be using these tips, who knows maybe one day I too will be able to share my success story! :))

Blog Entries
    Eh...

Bit o' gruff on your face isn't too bad. Just don't let it get out of hand.

Amanita - Yennefer - Kilgrave - Nanachi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zero View Post
    Trust me, I wish I had a banana up my anus right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    Good for you, Messr! Truly you are an inspiration!

As an aspiring man trapped in a woman's body I am filled with determination reading this transgender success story. Thank you for sharing!

I will defo be using these tips, who knows maybe one day I too will be able to share my success story! )
    Less salt next time kiddo.

"There is no greater evil in this world or any other than for the strong to stand by idly and let injustice to unanswered."

6. The Following User Likes This Post:

Blog Entries
    Good stuff bro, I actually agree with all of it...

8. The Following User Likes This Post:

Blog Entries
    A real guide to being a man.

You must be swift as a coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon, with all the strength of a raging fire, and mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

Shenanigans aside, a lot of this is good advice, but one thing I'd add is that you should not be yourself, or at least not the simple. Act like the person you want to become. You can't move forward in life if you don't take the first step. If you want to become the best you, ya gotta act like it first. If you believe that you can accomplish your goals, then that's half the battle.

10. The Following User Likes This Post:

It's a lot like a quote that I like, 'You are never defeated until you believe you are defeated.' - Bruce Lee.

I don't agree with the statement , 'Don't be yourself' though Rainbow. Being yourself is the most important thing in the world because if you defy who you are deep down than you can forget yourself. It is our experiences, desires and memories that that define us. If you go against who you are and what defines you, and pretend to be someone else, than those around you will only accept you as a fašade. When you finally let them in, take your mask off, and show the real you, they will reject it.

That is my experience anyway. That is why I am always showing the true me, or I don't show of any of me. Playing your cards close to your chest is not 'against the rules' in todays world anymore.
    Last edited by Shinsei; 03-11-2016 at 03:38 AM.