Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Ironbeard Pirates IC

Ironbeard Pirates

This thread is a place where the members of the Ironbeard Pirates can cut loose and interact with each other. Anything is possible, from quests that takes the crew to many different islands to major offensives on cities to silly shenanigans aboard the Iron Maiden to just sitting around and getting a tan. If all you're doing is getting a tan, you might want to rethink what the hell it is you're doing. The crew's home is the ship itself, the Iron Maiden. The facilities in the ship house all of its members, making it their mobile base of operations. Maybe one day they will get an island. Maybe not. That's yet to be decided.

Ironbeard Pirates OOC Thread

Rules
    - Don't be a dick.
    - Captain's word is final.
    - Ace098 is the captain.
    - Don't take OOC chatter here. There's an OOC thread just for that. The link is above. Click it.
    - If you've got a beef with another member of the crew, you may hash it out here.
    - Treat each other with respect. Unless it's an honest joke, then it's hilarious.
    - Non-crew members may post here on occasion, but must have express permission of the Captain (Ace098).
    - If you don't get the Captain's express permission and you post here, it can and most likely will be ignored.
    - Adding on to the previous rule, you can and will be subject to criticism, ridicule and silly taunts.
    - Captain's word is final
    - Always more to come...
    Last edited by Ace098; 10-17-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zero View Post
    Trust me, I wish I had a banana up my anus right now.

Story Arcs

This section itemizes the significant happenings and going-on's in the crew's adventures. Itemized and summarized for your viewing pleasure. Lol, not really.

Windfall of Ragnarok
    Shortly after the crew was formed, the Ironbeard Pirates set sail in the New World to start their conquest of the islands. In the middle of the sea the crew is visited by a stranger made of light who warns them of an impending attack on them. The enemy is identified as a group of fighters affiliated with Ragnarok, and now the Ironbeards face their first true challenge as a new crew. Will they fend off the attackers, or will they be consumed by the harshness of the New World?!

Start: Here
    End: Here

Rumdragon's Run
    Following immediately after the events of Windfall of Ragnarok, the Iron Maiden and her crew made haste to the nearest free port, Rumdragon's Run. A safe haven for pirates and scum and villainy, the crew takes a breather from their injuries and damages. During their recuperation, they repair the ship and recover from their wounds before setting sail again on their next adventure. An inbetween story for their adventures.

End: Last post

Linebeck Island
    While sailing the waters of the New World, the crew comes across a message in a bottle. As it would turn out, the parchment inside was a map to an uncharted island, as well as the last will and testament to one Captain Sebastian Linebeck who perished along with his crew on the Godforsaken spit of land. Treasure and fortune awaits, but the island is perilous even by New World standards. Will the crew survive and find the lost treasure, or will they be consumed by the dangers of the uncharted waters?

End: Here

River Styx Current Story Arc
    The crew was tricked by a sinister android of the World Government Cipher Pols to meet with an unknown benefactor. Motivated by revenge, the Ironbeards contacted a revolutionary leader and obtained the eternal pose that led them to the River Styx. What will the crew find when they arrive?

Last edited by Ace098; 06-03-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Iron Maiden - Deck

The new world. The dangerous second half of the Grand Line where the world's finest gather in pursuit of fame and glory. Only the strongest survive in these waters. Sailing through these waters was the crew known as the Ironbeard Pirates. They sought to brave this wild sea in pursuit of their dreams. On this day Poseidon smiled favorably upon the crew. The waters were calm and the weather was sunny. Peace had found its way to this mighty crew. On a day like today, much of the crew was probably relaxing. Fishing, singing, laughing, None of it would be out of place.

One thing would be out of place on this day. In the center of the deck, seemingly without warning, an intense flash of light would erupt from out of nowhere. Anyone looking directly at it would be seeing spots for a good few minutes at least. Following after the bright flash came a sight even stranger. A lone figure stood firm upon the deck of the ship. He was well dressed. A nice vest on himself, with a gold amulet hanging from his neck. He wore a white button up shirt underneath his vest. A long coat of a dark gray was adorned over top of his ensemble that matched his vest and slacks. His hair was black with gray hairs near his temples. On his face was a goatee. This man was Alexander D. Rogers.

Good afternoon. Excuse me, but I'd like to speak with your captain.

He spoke in a calm and polite tone of voice. He didn't appear to pose a threat at the moment, but with his flashy entrance there was no telling what he was thinking. As he stood on the deck of the ship he would draw something out from his pocket. Some might think he was pulling a weapon, but watching closely one would find it was just a pocket watch. It was gold with an ornate pattern on it. He'd gaze at the clock face for a moment before returning back to waiting for the captain.

The Iron Maiden

"An' who'n the blazes are ye ta bargain fer an audience with Ole Pete?"

A loud voice boomed over the deck of the Iron Maiden. At helm stood the captain himself, none other than 'Ironbeard' Peter Thatch. During the time that Alexander had been creating the light show, Pete had to turn off his cybernetic eye so that he didn't run the risk of overloading his processors with extreme images in thermal or x-ray. His regular eye he simply had shielded with his hand afront his face. Now that it wasn't necessary, Pete stood aside from the wheel of the ship and looked down upon Alexander with a judgmental eye. He kept his hand near his anchor at the ready, but Pete got the feeling this man wasn't here for a fight.

Blog Entries
    The Iron Maiden

Pete himself had responded to Alexander, though the response wasn't exactly a warm welcome. Pete would find that his guest would give an odd reaction to Pete. Alexander's face would show that of confusion, as if he had taken a wrong turn or something. He would gaze about this ship for a moment, taking in the sights. It all looked as it should, and yet this wasn't at all what he had prepared for. Alexander would soon turn his gaze back to Pete. He began to walk towards the cyborg captain. His pace was slow, but as he walked he would begin to speak.

I'm sorry, but there appears to be a misunderstanding. This is The Iron Maiden, correct? I needed to have a word with Captain Annabelle Rogers you see.

The truth would come out about this strange man's confusion. Though his identity was still a mystery to Pete. Alexander had drawn closer to Pete as he spoke. What would happen next was anyone's guess, but Pete could also seek to press for some info. It was clear this man had a purpose, but was that purpose pertinent to the Ironbeard Pirates?

The Iron Maiden

The man seemed confused, as if he were double checking that he was in the right place. He seemed puzzled that Pete was the one responding as the captain. And then his next question confirmed it. His information on the happenings of the ship and its crew was outdated. Who the hell was this man made of light, and what did he want with the former captain? What business did he have that seemed important? Did he have information on Anne? Pete made it his business to find out.

"Seems yer information's a bit outta date - 'Massacre' Anne is gone, along with her Jolly Rogers. Yer lookin' at the cap'n o' the Iron Maiden, an' it's crew - the Ironbeard Pirates!"

Pete would leave the helm and make his way to the deck of the ship, marching so that he could come face to face with the light man. Well, as best as an 18 foot tall cyborg could with a regular man. Pete would continue with his line of questioning, making it his point that he was the one in charge of the ship and it's crew.

"Since ye seem to have made a mistake, I'll grant ye the courtesy ta remedy it. Any business ye have with Rogers is business with me. So tell me - who in the blazes are ye, and what's the purpose of yer visit?"

Blog Entries
    The Iron Maiden

Alexander was soon informed of his blunder. His information was indeed outdated. He hadn't heard from Anne in a number of months. Last he knew she had started a crew and things were going well. Seems she was off the radar again. While he was here, Alexander would inform Pete of some choice information, though not before introducing himself and explaining a few things. Alexander would extend his hand to Ironbeard for a handshake. This is when he'd explain himself.

Apologies for the misunderstanding. I do hope my sister gave the ship willingly. She has a bit of a temper you see. Oh, where are my manners. I am Alexander D. Rogers.

The name Alexander may sound familiar to Pete. He was the older brother to Massacre Anne that she had mentioned before she went off the grid. If Pete recalled correctly Anne described him as someone who believes magic is real and born from fruits. He would soon continue to speak, explaining why he had come here on this day.

Well, I came here for a few reasons to be honest. Firstly, it had been a while. I though a family visit was in order. Secondly, Ragnarok isn't dead. They are planning something. The government also moves. Keep your wits about you. Dangerous times we live in. Thirdly, Ragnarok has hired a group or mercenaries to hunt down Anne. Seems their information is outdated as well. They likely won't show much hospitality when they find you as captain.

Alexander remained very nonchalant at the whole thing. It seemed as though he wasn't particularly worried about anything he just said. Shady organizations existing in the background, and deadly mercenaries out for blood. It was certainly an interesting day. Alexander would pull out his pocket watch again and look at it. He'd then look back at Pete before saying something.

I'd say you have five, maybe ten minutes.

Blog Entries
    The Iron Maiden

Rasputin, cook of the Ironbeard pirates and relatively new addition to the crew, had been basking in the sun this fine afternoon with a bottle of rum clenched in his hands. It'd been a nice and lazy day. He'd been thinking about Yen again lately, wondering how she was doing. Unfortunately, these calm thoughts were disrupted by a sudden flash of light on the very center of the ship's deck. As crew members gathered 'round this spectacle, many would be shoved aside by the cossack as he moved himself to where the new arrival'd been standing. He leaned against a crate of cargo whilst drinking his rum, clearly intoxicated. He'd no clue as to why this man was here, even the name Annabelle Rogers didn't do a thing to spark his memory. Ofcourse he'd heard of her every once in a while, but she'd gone quiet all o' the sudden.

"Lads... stay your blades for now... this is a man not t'be trifled with."

He said, as several fodder crew members took out their weapons. The man introduced himself as the brother of the infamous pirate captain, whose ship Ironbeard had taken over not too long ago. He spoke of the government and Ragnarok, and how the latter had sent mercenaries after their little crew. Rasputin stepped forward, looking at the captain and Alexander.

"Cap'n... I fear the man is right. Seems he's not the kind of man for buffoonery. Must we ready the cannons?"

Rasputin took the last sip from his bottle, putting it on the crate and wiping his mouth. His arms were now folded as he stared at his captain.

Amanita - Yennefer - Kilgrave - Nanachi

Iron Maiden

Tenguman had been particing aikido stances, while only balancing with one foot atop the main pole of the ship. Suddenly a flash appeared at the center of the ship. With the flash came a man dressed like a noble wizard of some sorts. At that point Tenguman kept balancing on his foot. The man asked for the captain of this ship. While talking with pete, he explained that he had hoped to find Anne and that Ragnarok was still alive and hunting down Anne and her comrads. While dealing with old information, Ragnarok had missed that Irobeard was now the captain and gone. Tenguman jumped down, landing right besides Ironbeard almost as gracefully as a cat. While Rasputin wanted to ready for combat, Tenguman was intrestet in more information.

"Well ... no Ragnarok member remains in the crew. Ironbeard and myself are the only ones left that were within the Jolly Roger Crew. You could say all our ties are severed ..."

Tenguman made a short pause.

"Is it Thanatos who ordered the hit?"

Tenguman aparently knew some information about Ragnarok. Thanatos had been a high ranking member of the organization. Anne had indeed ordered him to gather information about that particular man.

The Iron Maiden

By this time two other members of the crew had noticed the new guest, Alexander. Rasputin had been drinking rum most of the day and was clearly drunk, something Pete was proud of him for. Tenguman was the one who had been practicing his martial arts atop the main mast. The two joined in on the welcoming party as Alexander explained himself. He was Anne's brother, and now that he thought about it, she had mentioned her family before leaving the Iron Maiden in his care. Alexander held out his hand so as to introduce himself.

"...not at first. Anne and I had...disagreements 'bout the direction o' the crew."

He was of course referring to the fight he and Anne had as he now shook Alexander's hand. He could tell the light man was sincere. But more importantly, Alexander told them enemies were coming. The government had noticed them, which didn't surprise Pete in the slightest. However, he realized he should have been expecting repercussions from Ragnarok. Tenguman was the only other member of the crew that knew of the old Jolly Rogers' mission to take down Ragnarok - it was what Anne had him doing espionage fore her before. Rasputin asked for orders and to ready for a fight.

"Figures I'd have inherited her dirty laundry along with tha ship." Pete commented under his breath. He didn't like it but he accepted the threat for what it was, for he was wise enough to know that **** happened. "Rattle yer dags an' ready the cannons!" Pete called out to the crew members aboard. "We've gotta prepare a warm welcome for some unwanted guests! Hop to it ya mongrels!"

The way Pete commanded his crew seemed dignified, almost respectable. He began making his way back to the helm, but he bade Tenguman to follow, as well as Alexander. "If'n ye think yer man's behind this attack, then share with me what ya know. And ye-" Pete addressed Alexander "if'n yer gonna be a guest o' my ship then make yerself useful an' prepare fer a fight! If not, then make yerself scarce!"