Blog Entries

Share your favorite recipe here!

As the title says, share you favorite recipes here. It'd be great to see people get some great recipes from this place and perhaps post some pictures of the end result.

I'll start off with one of my favorite recipes for filled garlic bread, as made by my grandmother.

For one bread, you'll need:

- 1 baguette
    - 1 small pack of cheese spread
    - 1/3 of a pack of butter
    - Garlic / garlic paste
    - Pepper & salt
    - Parsley
    - Bacon
    - Tin foil

First:

- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius or about 400 degrees fahrenheit
    - Mix the cream cheese with the butter, plenty of garlic (you're gonna stink) and plenty of parsley. Add pepper and salt if the taste isn't right. Make sure it becomes a nice, smooth paste.
    - Cut the bread in slices of about a 2 centimeters apart (don't cut all the way through, you still want the bread to be one part. If it breaks up due to cutting too deep, don't worry, it's not that big of an issue.
    - Use a knife to put the mixture between the cuts, meaning on the soft part of the bread (if you make a little more paste, you get to put more between the slices)
    - Add bacon into each slice (not too much so you don't break the bread)
    - Wrap the entire bread in foil (shiny part on the inside)

Put it in the oven for about 20 minutes.

I find this to be a great recipe to take to parties or whenever people come over. It's always a crowd pleaser.

Let me know if it comes out right :P

Amanita - Yennefer - Kilgrave - Nanachi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zero View Post
    Trust me, I wish I had a banana up my anus right now.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Yo dude, this thread is a great idea! Thank you for sharing. This baguette sounds glorious, I'll hafta give it a go sometime. n_n

I used to think I was fkn useless at cooking, I still am in many ways, I was all about dem ready meals bcuz I didn't think I could make anything else. That was until recently when I thought fk it - at worst I'm gonna make something that tastes like ass. With that in mind I began experimenting with recipes, some came out good, some came out...well the less said the better. This recipe is one of the good ones, I promise. :P

It's a Japanese style beef hot pot (I imagine doubling up on tofu would be a good sub for the beef if you are a vegetarian), some of the ingredients may sound a bit exotic but I managed to find all this **** @ Tescos. xD

Sauce Ingredients

1 cup (roughly 240 ml) of chicken stock (vegetable stock should be a-okay if you are going for a veggie alternative)
    1/2 cup of Japanese soy sauce
    1/2 cup of mirin or sake (use mirin if you prefer a sweeter sauce)
    1/4 cup of sugar (optional, again you can experiment with this adding little by little till the sauce is to your liking)

Hot Pot Ingredients

The recie calls for shirataki or cellophane noodles but I've used rice noodles or sometimes not bothered with noodles at all, it depends on what is available to you really.
    2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided, plus more as needed
    500g of beef cut into bite sized pieces
    1 large yellow onion, halved and cut into thin crescents
    1 cup fresh shiitake, enoki, or button mushrooms
    2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch diagonal slices
    2 stalks celery, cut into 1/4 inch diagonal slices
    5 green onions, white and green parts, cut into 2-inch diagonal lengths
    400g of firm (draining and pressing will give extra firmness) tofu cut into bite sized pieces

• To make the sauce, mix together the chicken stock, soy sauce, mirin and sugar in a bowl. You don't have to use the exact measurements given above use what tastes best for you. Now set aside.
    • You wanna soak the noodles in a pot of boiling water for a minute or so. Drain them and rinse with cold water before setting aside.
    • In a medium dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, heat 1 tbsp of the oil over high heat until it becomes runny and starts to shimmer. Add the beef and stir until the meat is no longer pink, should only take 2-3 minutes.
    • In the same pot, heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, mushrooms, carrots, and celery. Stir and cook until just tender, about 4-5 minutes.
    • Add the green onions and stir until they turn bright green, about 30 seconds.
    • Add the sauce, noodles, cooked beef and tofu. Mix well and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Cook until all the ingredients are heated through and tender. Serve hot.

I had a lot of fun with this recipe, and I hope the same goes for any of you that decide to try it out. :)

4. The Following User Likes This Post: