Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    It would be nice if we could just kidnap...I mean redirect the young otaku set and get them to see how fun talking/ complaining about anime/manga/drama really is.

Let us all become spambots and form a pyramid scheme!

Or we could all become Nazis, apparently that's trending now.

I blame Reddit and Disqus for the fall in traffic, let's hope they get smitten by Kinja.

is there some way to connect the forum directly with an anime episode? like how Disqus has those comments underneath videos.

ppl do want to talk about the episode, but everyone is getting too lazy to go out of their way to a comments/forum section unless its right in front of them.

some places also do a thread for each episode, and I think that kinda helps to still go and comment, and not be afraid of spoilers, since if your an episode or 2 behind and its an anime with story, you would be stupid to go to that thread until you catch up.

unfortunately there's no easy quick solution to this. either have to adapt or discard.

Was Supermegasonic on AC
    Clickable sig to my MAL
    Visual Novel Thread's Light Novel: A Double-Edged World [REBOOT]

3. The Following User Likes This Post:

∞ Infinite Possibility ∞ FireclawX's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Holy crap this place is still kicking. It's nice that you didn't shut it down PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post
    is there some way to connect the forum directly with an anime episode? like how Disqus has those comments underneath videos.

ppl do want to talk about the episode, but everyone is getting too lazy to go out of their way to a comments/forum section unless its right in front of them.

some places also do a thread for each episode, and I think that kinda helps to still go and comment, and not be afraid of spoilers, since if your an episode or 2 behind and its an anime with story, you would be stupid to go to that thread until you catch up.

unfortunately there's no easy quick solution to this. either have to adapt or discard.
    If I recall correctly, AC had something similar. Or at least, you had to have an AC account to comment at the bottom of the videos.
    I don't know if it's possible to tie AF forum accounts to the video site though, and I have no idea if the AR staff would even want to do that.

MAL
    http://i.imgur.com/epGEQ5A.png
    ~Awesome sig by Nelkk~
    "I believe in god. A god called possibility, that resides in all of us."

Blog Entries
    Wow, 5 years, I think this site has outlasted AC.

6. The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kurotoki View Post
    Wow, 5 years, I think this site has outlasted AC.
    In terms of sheer length, but the activity/quality I don't think so.
    AC was was active 24/7, AF not so much.

8. The Following User Likes This Post:

Duel Academy Chancellor Undertaker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJenny View Post
    In terms of sheer length, but the activity/quality I don't think so.
    AC was was active 24/7, AF not so much.
    Yea, while this place is nice, AC was way more active. You could jump into the chat thread at any point and start up a conversation. I practically lived there during my college days. AF, not so much. Post in the chat thread and someone might get back to you in a day or two

Set by Xeltox

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Taha and I shared a bond that only two truly insane people could share.
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    What are you talking about? Naruto just wants to become king of the hokage so he can save the soul society from the treachery of Achnologia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prod View Post
    Everybody knows that Naruto just wants to become King of the Pirates so he can save the Soul Society while using his Super Saiyan abilities to Pierce the Heavens and stop the treachery of the Colossal Titan while piloting his Gundam...

10. The Following User Likes This Post:

I wish things were like that now. Too bad the 98% of AC didn't join AF :/

Honestly, I always thought that Dark and Psp should have just sold the rights to someone like Pspfanatic instead of just randomly closing the place down. I'm not familiar with how that would have worked, but given how AC had a very strong niche group of users it had to be making money. Ah, now that I think about it, it must have had something to do with the legality of streaming anime? Maybe?
    I'm the Commander. No one fights for me.
    -----

| 450 | 400 | 350 |

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ5 View Post
    Honestly, I always thought that Dark and Psp should have just sold the rights to someone like Pspfanatic instead of just randomly closing the place down. I'm not familiar with how that would have worked, but given how AC had a very strong niche group of users it had to be making money. Ah, now that I think about it, it must have had something to do with the legality of streaming anime? Maybe?
    it's been too long, but if I recall correctly, Dark couldn't handle being the admin while dealing with IRL stuff. I don't really know how transferring a website would work account wise, but I guess they couldn't do that and decided to team up with AnimeRush

Was Supermegasonic on AC
    Clickable sig to my MAL
    Visual Novel Thread's Light Novel: A Double-Edged World [REBOOT]

So is animerush just another form of animecrazy? (like they transferred the library and staff, etc)
    I'm the Commander. No one fights for me.
    -----

| 450 | 400 | 350 |