Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52
  1. #31
    I thought there was a legal problem with AC (DMCA or some sort), which is why Dark shut it down.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJ5 View Post
    Honestly, I always thought that Dark and Psp should have just sold the rights to someone like Pspfanatic instead of just randomly closing the place down. I'm not familiar with how that would have worked, but given how AC had a very strong niche group of users it had to be making money. Ah, now that I think about it, it must have had something to do with the legality of streaming anime? Maybe?
    dark and mavi, not PSP

    and iirc it was the legal stuff with streaming anime and drama what made the decision

    Quote Originally Posted by SSJ5 View Post
    So is animerush just another form of animecrazy? (like they transferred the library and staff, etc)
    AR was made by kamina and friends. they were already the people who uploaded the most to AC
    ~





    ~

  3. #33
    AnimeRush already existed I believe before everything happened, they just opened up a forum where all of AC went to


    Was Supermegasonic on AC
    Clickable sig to my MAL
    Visual Novel Thread's Light Novel: A Double-Edged World [REBOOT]

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post
    AnimeRush already existed I believe before everything happened, they just opened up a forum where all of AC went to
    no the forum already existed. PSP made it to share gfx stuff
    ~





    ~

  5. #35
    The way AC was shut down was abrupt. It just happened one night. I was a Global Mod back then and I didn't even know about the whole thing until the announcement was made on the forums/site.

    I'm actually still pretty pissed about it. Because we had no time to keep the community together. Thankfully PSP already had a GFX site setup which later turned into AF. But still, if we had actual time then more people could have transferred over to AF.

  6. The Following User Likes This Post:


  7. #36
    Duel Academy Chancellor Undertaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In space
    Posts
    3,730
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zero View Post
    The way AC was shut down was abrupt. It just happened one night. I was a Global Mod back then and I didn't even know about the whole thing until the announcement was made on the forums/site.

    I'm actually still pretty pissed about it. Because we had no time to keep the community together. Thankfully PSP already had a GFX site setup which later turned into AF. But still, if we had actual time then more people could have transferred over to AF.
    Yea the community split off into a few different groups. A lot went to other sites and never made it to AF. And ive heard that those other sites have shut down since so i guess they just went elsewhere


    Set by Xeltox

    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Taha and I shared a bond that only two truly insane people could share.
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    What are you talking about? Naruto just wants to become king of the hokage so he can save the soul society from the treachery of Achnologia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prod View Post
    Everybody knows that Naruto just wants to become King of the Pirates so he can save the Soul Society while using his Super Saiyan abilities to Pierce the Heavens and stop the treachery of the Colossal Titan while piloting his Gundam...

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zero View Post
    The way AC was shut down was abrupt. It just happened one night. I was a Global Mod back then and I didn't even know about the whole thing until the announcement was made on the forums/site.

    I'm actually still pretty pissed about it. Because we had no time to keep the community together. Thankfully PSP already had a GFX site setup which later turned into AF. But still, if we had actual time then more people could have transferred over to AF.
    yeah. at first i thought mavi was making a joke when i first saw the thread in the mod section. we wanted to keep the forum but we couldnt cause it was linked to the streaming part
    ~





    ~

  9. #38
    Blood for Blood SSJ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    OPTC: 750,023,370
    Posts
    1,310
    Quote Originally Posted by osna View Post
    dark and mavi, not PSP

    and iirc it was the legal stuff with streaming anime and drama what made the decision



    AR was made by kamina and friends. they were already the people who uploaded the most to AC
    Sorry I was referring to pspcrazy not pspfanatic, forgot he changed to Mavi lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zero View Post
    The way AC was shut down was abrupt. It just happened one night. I was a Global Mod back then and I didn't even know about the whole thing until the announcement was made on the forums/site.

    I'm actually still pretty pissed about it. Because we had no time to keep the community together. Thankfully PSP already had a GFX site setup which later turned into AF. But still, if we had actual time then more people could have transferred over to AF.
    Yep, even with legal issues and whatnot, it was almost like a slap in the face to the people that had been there for 5-6 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by osna View Post
    yeah. at first i thought mavi was making a joke when i first saw the thread in the mod section. we wanted to keep the forum but we couldnt cause it was linked to the streaming part
    seems silly that we couldn't keep the forum. If they were closing down the streaming site that shouldn't have been an issue.

    Anyway. I don't want to sound too salty about it. Not sure how to get this place traffic now. Most people are on reddit or MAL now I imagine.
    I'm the Commander. No one fights for me.
    -----

    | 450 | 400 | 350 |

  10. #39
    it was under the same URL that's why we couldnt keep the forum
    ~





    ~

  11. #40
    Blood for Blood SSJ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    OPTC: 750,023,370
    Posts
    1,310
    Makes sense I guess
    Does AR still have regular up loads?
    I'm the Commander. No one fights for me.
    -----

    | 450 | 400 | 350 |

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •