Directed by: Wu Jinyuan

Starring:

Zanilia Zhao as Chu Qiao
    Lin Gengxin as Yuwen Yue
    Shawn Dou as Yan Xun
    Li Qin as Yuan Chun
    Wang Yanlin as Yu Wenhuai

Plot:
    The story takes place during the chaotic times of Western Wei, where innocent citizens are often kidnapped and turned into slaves. Slave girl, Chu Qiao (Zanilia Zhao) is thrown into a forest along with other slaves and becomes the next hunting target for the rich lords. She is saved by the Prince of Northern Wei, Yan Xun (Shawn Dou). Afterwards, she is brought into a powerful family of Yuwen and witnesses their bloody power struggle. Seeing this, she swears to take her younger sister and flee from the situation. However, she catches the attention of Yuwen Yue (Lin Gengxin) and undergoes strict training while building a sense of companionship with Yan Xun. Unfortunately, Western Wei goes into battle and Yan Xun’s family is slaughtered.

After that incident, Yan Xun grows ambitious and cruel to avenge for the things and the people he lost. He doubts Chu Qiao and takes advantages of her loyalty and love many times, disregarding their relationship as well as the sacrifices he will have to make for power. Disappointed with the man she once loved, Chu Qiao eventually breaks off her relationship with Yan Xun and chooses to fight with Yuwen Yue, destroying Yan Xun’s plans of vengeance. She eventually convinces Yuwen to free the country from slavery, becoming a successful military strategist/female general in the people’s hearts.

Country of origin: China
    Original language(s): Mandarin
    No. of episodes: 58

Production
    Executive producer(s): Liu Yingxuan
    Producer(s): Ma Zhongjun, Zhao Yifang
    Location(s): Hengdian, Inner Mongolia
    Running time: 45 mins
    Production company(s): Ciwen Entertainment, Croton Media
    Distributor: Mitao Media

Release:
    Original network: Hunan TV
    Original release: June 5, 2017

You can watch the drama with engsub on youtube https://youtu.be/b4pMBHmBFFc
    Last edited by 7saxophone; 06-10-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Ep 1
    Spoiler:
    The hunting scenes were very gruesome! But Zhao Li Ying did a terrific job and you cant help but admired her amazing hardworking attitude. The atmosphere in this episode was very tense. It might take a while before any lovelines develope between her and male lead. He was cold as ice when he saw her and saved her from the last arrow.

To ep 5
    Spoiler:
    I am so addicted to this drama! The way he helped her was completely out of the ordinary. He trained her under the cover of punishment. Now he just upgraded her to another level of server. Hahaha... she can have the room of that bad girl too. This is so fun!

Ep 6
    Spoiler:
    Yan Xun has such a beautiful smile that can melt anyone's heart. The "wild cat" has already captured the young man's heart. He is so keen to have her but Yu Wen won't let her go to him. Does Yu Wen just want to use her for his own benefit or does he really want to help her gaining enough skills to survive in this cruel world? I would rather believe in the second theory. I also don't think that he killed her brother. That man is already death by the poison. Yu Wen just made a scene so the enemy can't have any doubts about his hidden agenda. He's stiff and hard to read but that is his character and I still like him with Chu Qiao more

Yesterday on weibo I read some funny articles which pointed out all of the technical mistakes or half-baked in editing of the production. Totally agree those criticisms about the parrot. Lol one of the most fake looking bird I've seen ever
    And also how incredible of those sharp eyes drama detective was, to be able to notice the dummy figure was used to replace ZhaoLi Ying in the water.
    Last edited by 7saxophone; 06-10-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Ep 7 & 8
    Spoiler:
    "No pain, no gain" ~All of the time spending for hard training finally has its usefulness. She was able to protect her sisters and keep the bad girl at bay. But the enemy has tried new trick to get her into their hands. Will Yuwen do anything to help her out or will she be able to do it herself?

Ep 9-14
    Spoiler:
    Xing Er should have told master everything in the beginning but I guess she still hasn't fully trusted him yet. Despite how many times he reached his hand out to rescue her, deep inside her heart she's holding a grudge again him about the death of her brother. That makes me really sad...

Ep 16
    Spoiler:
    The princess of Liang guessed it right. When knowing Xing Er coul be in danger, Yuwen Yu would throw everything aside to rush to the place and rescue her. They are now indeed trapped inside a cave and do you like me just wish for the two will be trapped there for at least 2 more episodes so they can develop their feelings for each other? I have no doubts about Yuwen Yu is in love with her already but I am not so sure about what is the girl thinking of him....

Ep 17 & 18
    Spoiler:
    Too bad, they both were able to get out of the cave before any romantic development could happen. Xing'er has regained some of her loss memories about her real name & the identity of her mother. But it's still unclear whether she is still alive or not. Her real enemy is still in the darkness of unknown.
    Yu Xuan wants to take Xing'er with him to his hometown and I hope she will refuse. Please...

Ep 19 & 20
    Spoiler:
    Once again Yuwen Yue got Princess of Liang slipped through his fingers. Grrrr I was kind of disappointed.
    My heart was aching when Xing'er sobbed after hearing words from Yuwen Yue's adopted grand father that they are using her as a sacrificing spy. From now on she'll be back to square one & will be more skeptical about her master. That's a very unfortunate misunderstanding. And when he was busy chasing the spies from Liang, she's about to put herself in danger again with the plotting to kill Yuwen Xi.

The king is one of the most stupid character in this drama. Listening to bad people's advice without checking the proof and killing loyal servant according to his angry mood Such a scumbag!
    Last edited by 7saxophone; 06-29-2017 at 06:28 AM.