[Discussion] Gomen, Aishiteru/ I'm Sorry, I Love You

Drama: I'm Sorry, I Love You (English title)
    Romaji: Gomen, Aishiteru
    Japanese: ごめん、愛してる
    Director: Yasuharu Ishii, Naruhide Mizuta, Hisashi Ueda
    Writer: Taeko Asano
    Network: TBS
    Episodes:
    Release Date: July 9, 2017 --
    Runtime: Sundays 21:00
    Language: Japanese

Plot

When Ritsu (Tomoya Nagase) was little, he was abandoned by his mother Reiko (Shinobu Otake). Ritsu belongs in the lower social strata. He happens to help Rinka (Riho Yoshioka).

One day, Ritsu gets involved in a case and gets severely injured in the head. He can die at anytime. He attempts to find his mother and be good to her before his death. Ritsu finally finds his mother, but learns that she is leading a happy life with her pianist son Satoru (Kentaro Sakaguchi). He thought his mother abandoned him due to poverty. Ritsu decides to take revenge on his mother. Ritsu then meets Rinka again, who is Satoru’s childhood friend.

Notes

Drama series is remake of 2004 South Korean drama series "Sorry, I Love You."
    Related titles:
    Sorry, I Love You | Mianhada, Saranghanda (KBS2 / 2004)
    I'm Sorry, I Love You | Gomen, Aishiteru (TBS / 2017)

Main Cast

Nagase Tomoya as Okazaki Ritsu
    Yoshioka Riho as Mita Rinka
    Sakaguchi Kentaro as Hyuga Satoru
    Otake Shinobu as Hyuga Reiko
    Ikewaki Chizuru as Kawai Wakana
    Daichi as Kawai Sakana
    Onishi Ayaka as Furusawa Touko
    Yamaji Kazuhiro as Kurokawa Tatsuomi
    Kusamura Reiko as Tachibana Satoko
    Rokkaku Seiji as Kagami Shuhei
    Nakamura Baijaku as Mita Tsuneo

Guests

Lee Soo Hyuk as Baek Ran
    Goda Masashi as Shimada Kei (ep2)
    Production Credits
    Original writing: Lee Kyung Hee
    Screenwriter: Asano Taeko
    Producer: Shimizu Mayumi
    Director: Ishii Yasuharu, Mizuta Naruhide, Ueda Hisashi
    Music: Yoshimata Ryo

Trailer
    Last edited by 7saxophone; 07-21-2017 at 01:40 AM.

First episode was good. I am happy with the main cast. Lee Soo Hyuk was a bonus but he only did cameo....
    Great chemistry between Nagase & Yoshioka!

Ep 2
    Spoiler:
    Can someone pleas explain the word "bokechin" that Ritsu always calls Rinka? Boke means one side, right? But the other word I can't seem to search its right meaning. Lol...
    Anyway, looks like Rinka's father has recognised who Ritsu is. He was the one who left him at the orphanage 33 years ago. He left that ring with him back then too...
    He really doesn't want anything to do with Ritsu anymore because of what reason? I don't know but shouldn't he be happy at the fact that the little baby he helped his boss abandoned is actually still alive?

Ep 3
    Spoiler:
    That surprise kiss was so sweet!!! I hope she will fall for him soon.

Ep 4
    Death is at the door!!!!
    Spoiler:
    Ritsu's symptoms are getting worse and he has just found out that there is only 3 months more to live. This is so depressing. The good thing is Rinka has decided to stay back. I love watching the two being together. Please let them be happy even just in a short time.

Ep 5
    Spoiler:
    Satoru's mum suspected Wakana right away when she lost her ring. She's one of those give bad judgment just based on people's outer appearances.
    Now her gracious son got engaged and she felt deserted lonely. Finally an article came out to expose her affair in the past. And again Ritsu will do everything to protect his "didnt want to be mum".
    Next episode please give me more sweet scenes of Ritsu & Rinka. They are so lovely together.

Ep 6
    Spoiler:
    Wow can't believe the mum only told the press half truth about her past and lied that the baby was stillborn. She wants to protect Satoru's image & his happiness only. Unfortunately the girl he loves so much just reveal the truth why did she want to get engaged with him in the first place. Now her father died she wants to quit!!!! Poor Satoru...
    Loved Rinka & Ritsu's beach date. But I am sure Rinka will blame herself once she know about how Satoru couldnt contact her before & after his accident.

Ep 8
    Spoiler:
    I knew it would happen in that way. Ritsu has decided to save his half-brother by giving his heart to him. I dont wanna see him die yet but his symptoms is getting worse everyday. Has Rinka known that he has a bullet inside his brain yet? I dont know how well she will cope with it...
    Last edited by 7saxophone; 09-15-2017 at 05:19 AM.

Ep 9
    Spoiler:
    Ritsu has told Satoru about his real identity but the mum still hasn't known yet. For now she may feel grateful for his volunteering become a heart donor for her son but if she found out who he was, would she feel sorry for him?