Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Results 241 to 250 of 250
  1. #241
    Duchess of Eggplants Ellie Q's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    057.430.283
    Posts
    27,105
    Kun - Domo
    The Spoopy Door

    The door was to be a terrible conundrum, one that even the greats of Yennifer would fail at her first attempt. The runes were in, but there was nothing of a result. Harmonia would sigh in defeat, Gene would gnaw on a fresh coconut. Taking steps away, Harmonia would break from the group for a breather.

    Yennifer was quite right in her thinking. So many pieces, so many runes, yet what good was it to go the generic response? A counter to those who over think! Aha! If only. It seemed one had to for this puzzle. Suu would slink into the cracks of the door, moving through as a slime would, though naked for her clothes would never fit. The other side took time to get to, as the distance was a good meter or two. This door was thick.


    "Ehhhh? This isn't good."

    Yennifer would take surprise at a new voice behind her. One that was different from before, yet spoke similarly to someone she had heard once. Turning to see the new guest, she would see Harmonia had disappeared. In her place, a macabre pale woman with tufts of hair that looked like horns, eyes long dead, and a creepy smile.

    "This isn't good at all."

    Her form was massive, yet she was hunched and moving with a bent back, limping forward like someone with age might. Steps on the stairs would clink with stone and metal, her feet showing through her robes. Gene would sniff the air of this woman and gag, her tongue flicking out.

    "You are made of metal!" Gene hissed, disappointed.

    "Keeeh... I am. I am. But..."

    The woman approached the door, placing a large hand upon it, her eyes vacant as only black could be seen. A hat was strapped to her back, hanging by a nice chain around her neck. Yennifer could feel that she knew this woman, yet this woman was someone she had never met before. A total stranger.

    "This is a nasty place. No light should shine on this tomb. No light at all."

    The woman would look at Yennifer, her face moving into a wide smile. No teeth, only the black of her mouth. A crescent of darkness. Those words she spoke she repeated. Why, however, would this strange woman do so...?

    Suu would find the other side of the door was dark. Not a single light short of the dim, utterly dim light that came from the door jam, Suu could make out nothing in that area. Even if she could, she'd feel around to find that there were more rune holes. However, without sight, she couldint see the pieces. Lukcily, there were five holes and ten pieces. The chances of finding the opening was easier... if she could see.
    Last edited by Ellie Q; 11-16-2017 at 07:27 AM.

  2. #242
    Red Comet Guren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Land of Sprouts
    Posts
    14,385
    Blog Entries
    2
    The Barge Lands - Marco, Touma, Akari - Guren
    The Darkest Dungeon


    Marco


    Marco decided to check out the source of the shout. By turning into air the young man moved through the iron bars and could follow a single set of stairs the went down. As the stairs continued it became apparent rather quickly that this was some sort of prison section of this castle. At the end of this downward staircase was a single hallway that went forward with a single door at the end. This hallway was filled with cages and locked prisoners. Sadly most of them had passed away as only one of them was the source of the shout earlier. While walking through this hallway Marco could hear the person sighing rather loudly, showing his discontent with this place. For some reason however the man was aware of the pirate's approach and spoke loudly.

    "Hey hey hey...Buddy! psst psst!" The man spoke, releasing sounds to get Marco's attention.
    "Can you get me out of here! I need to leave this dungeon!"

    The man said and when he came into view Marco would only see a lean toned individual with a large cap on his face. Holes cut into them allowing him to see through it. If Marco would comply with this stranger and tried to break open these doors he'd notice /feel they were made out of seastone.

    There was no brute forcing this guy out of this place.

    Touma

    With a non magical shant Touma fired his special bullets towards this weird bone creature. The first one would be aimed downwards as to launch the creature way up into the air while the second one aimed to completely destroy the being from within. The restult was just as how Touma wanted it to be, bones flew everywhere while it was in mid air. However from within the smoke Touma could note a small green flicker moving away really fast. It was so fast and tiny that even he with his special eyes could only discern it at that very moment. The little light upon closer inspection would be a creature Touma would've never seen before and resembeled some kind of familiar. It moved quickly and if Touma tried to fire at it it simply weaved out of the way, as if it knew where he'd fire his rounds.

    The archers however did not see this being and simply cheered as the skeleton monster fell downward. One of the archers shouted trying to get Horatius' attention.

    "Praise be Lord Horatius! Perhaps you are the faited one to help our land! Please let me guide you towards Lady Gwynevere!" The man would say as he waved from his firing platform. Touma with his vision would notice him waving. The decision to follow this archer or the familiar was his.

    Akari

    With blood acting as armor the female pirate tanked the blue laser that went toward her. Using this moment one of the creatures grabbed her by the shoulders, preventing her from moving. But that didn't stop Akari from continueing with her attacks. The spikes from her armor didn't faze the one holding her, again no visible notion of pain could be preceived. At the same time however a wave of blood was send forward, slicing the limbless soldier in half. The two parts fell to the ground and stayed down. With surge of blood aimed in front of her she launched herself backward, blasting the one behind her into a nearby wall. Strangely though she'd note that this creature resisted quite heavily, revealing its incredible body strength. Even with the added boosters from her blood it wouldn't have the desired effect she wanted it to have. Both of them now locked into an eternal struggle of moving back and forth. At the same time she'd note that the blue light appeared once more, charging up another laser.

  3. #243
    Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star Badshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Impel Down 5.5
    Posts
    60,700
    Blog Entries
    3
    Entrance - Marco

    Following the voice, Marco would go through the bars and down the stairs to find himself in a place to keep captives. For a castle that was morbid enough from the outside with corpses awakening as zombies and whatnot, this seemed to fit perfectly in line. The prisons were filled with captives, but sadly, none of them were alive anyone, which kind of made this easy for Marco. He didn't need to investigate who was asking for help because there was only one person alive.

    "I don't see why I can't at least try to get you out of there, at the very least. How'd you end up in there anyways?" Marco walked around looking for any keys around while waiting for the man to tell his story. Even if he found the keys, he wouldn't just release him right away. That's not how pirates did things. For now, he'd sneakily hide them "Let's see what we're working with here"

    His first try would be to open the door by kicking it down. Of course, Marco didn't really try to kick down the door due to ulterior motives, but turns out, he couldn't have done it in the first place. The moment Marco's foot touched the door, his energy would be drained indicating only one thing: Kairoseki.

    "Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is made out of kairoseki. I can't be much help here and since I do have a dungeon to clear, I think I must take my leave now. Sorry for getting your hopes up, but this seems out of my hand...unless...no, never mind.
    I must hurry
    "

    This was Marco's way of messing around with the prisoner. He wanted the man to offer something to Marco in exchange for freedom and then they'd have a deal. That's why he'd dropped the info about needing to clear the dungeon and paused as if he had an idea as to how to get through a kairoseki door. But all of that would be after he heard what the prisoner had to say.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Top - Touma

    The initial result of Touma's attack went exactly as he'd envisioned. His pop green exploded from within the beast's body, shattering its remnants to the outside, leaving a skull-like smoke cloud behind. The archers cheered, but Touma wasn't able to be as comfortable due to the green light emanating from within. It was a tiny creature of some sort. He'd never seen that kind before. It wasn't a dwarf and Touma wasn't really the type to believe in fairies, but stranger things have happened. A mythical zoan maybe. Whatever it was, it moved fast and while Touma did have time to make a shot, he wouldn't because he didn't know if that was the right decision. In his mind, there were two likely answers that explained its presence: A) it was trapped in there and was just freed or B) it was controlling the thing. No need to kill if option A was true and he didn't want to accidentally escalate this situation by accidentally killing an innocent, magical creature.

    "Ah yes, that would be for the best. We have much to discuss"

    He'd follow the archer for now and meet the queen of this castle. For now, he deemed it best to get some more information on what he was dealing with in order to fight back properly. He also didn't want to go out there alone because that wasn't his skillset. This way, he might be able to take the archers with him and fight as a group.

    Spoiler:

    Quote Originally Posted by old View Post
    besides torturing animals and experimenting on people in your own psychic ward, you are alright
    Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    no, you just are the ultimate trap : (
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bada View Post
    Lmao Bad really knows how to manipulate people xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaruuu View Post
    Bad may be psychotic but he's a sweetheart too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flesh View Post
    your face is better than England..
    Quote Originally Posted by nelkk View Post
    I was a good person before you got to me : (

  4. #244
    Lord of the Dreadfort Kunshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,664
    Blog Entries
    9
    Ellie, Domo, Kun - Fis' Fears - Spin Top

    Yennefer's solution to the possible proved, ultimately, fruitless. She had tried and failed, but wasn't about to give up. If failure persisted, she could always just use her doa powers to open the door, but a little showing-off never hurt anyone. Besides, mental exercise was how she kept herself above the intelligence level of most of her crewmates. Before she could try again, Suu tried something which fascinated Yen. Suu was a slime, and this allowed her to creep through the tiniest of cracks. Slowly but certainly, the Slime Vice Admiral disappeared through the door, a singular crack for her to fit through. All she left behind was her coat, which Yen would pick up. She didn't dislike Suu, and didn't want to give the Vice-Admiral a reason to do so to her. Using her mantra, Yen could sense Suu slowly making her way to the other side, and was relieved to find she had made it. Through sensing Suu's presence, Yen deduced that the door was quite thick, and would prove hard to break through with brute force, though not that it was a necessity; doa powers and whatnot.

    "Ehhhh? This isn't good."

    A new, yet strangely familiar voice arrived on the scene. Yen thought this presence familiar, but couldn't quite place her finger on it. She turned around.

    "This isn't good at all."

    The presence was that of a female, though her true nature would remain an enigma to Yen. It felt human, to an extent, but... different. Gene addressed her first, establishing the fact that she was no acquaintance of the Floran. Harmonia remained silent, and her opinion was yet to be heard. The presence turned to Yen, who crossed her arms in response. No light, she said. None at all. Yen found this strange, but felt there was some meaning behind it. She looked at the runes once more. The presence's emphasis on a lack of light might be a clue.

    "No... light... moonlight..."

    She would remove the runes from before, before taking all five of the new moon runes. They were pitch-black. Could this be the solution? If this failed, Yen would just use her Doa powers to open the door, but that was for her to know and other to guess. Regardless of the outcome after she put the runes in, she would turn to the presence, arms crossed once more and a single raised eyebrow to signal her current mood.

    "I feel I know you from somewhere.... why is that? More importantly; why are you here?"


    "Freeze! Don't move."


    Amanita - Yennefer - Glenn - Lumette

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zero View Post
    Trust me, I wish I had a banana up my anus right now.




  5. #245
    Sunken Armada - Hype, Domo

    Observing the second body that Sweet Sista isn’t mourning over, Spade noticed the strange holes punctured on vary spots of the body, very strange – Spade originally thought they could been bullet holes, but with the placement of the holes, it makes it very strange and rather unlikely to be something else, or someone is a sadist. Checking the body only to find contact with the corpse to be of ice cold – as if they haven’t been alive for a long time. The eyes were checked as well, but appears too glossy and thin, not something Spade would really notice outside of the fact that it is not of a normal situation concerning the corpse. To his immediate surprised, the cries from Sweet Sista immediately got cut off into a very stifled tone which for a second made Spade wondered if she stopped her cries, but upon turning his head over, Amaterasu whom also noticed the muffled scream ordered Spade to chase after Sweet Sista whilst she deals with the strangers, logical choice that Spade wouldn’t even hesitate of a second opinion as he immediately picks up his spear and transformed into his dragon-human hybrid – using his enhanced senses to picked up Sweet Sista’s scent, though not having getting used to the scent yet but given the time she disappeared – Spade followed the closest one possible, having only a faint track to catch up to.

    Utilizing his half dragon half human hybrid also allows him to be protected from sneak attacks, given how Sweet Sista managed to be caught in the midst of the heavy fog – their enemies are incredibly sneaky, or perhaps even having to do with this fog. These scales are tough enough to deal with most of the situation. Chasing with the faint tracks of Sweet Sista, and now being separated from Amaterasu, Spade have a bad feeling of the way this situation have gone into. Having only the sense of smell to guide him to Sweet Sista, the slowly thickening fog however is also making things harder for Spade to move around.


  6. #246
    Red Comet Guren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Land of Sprouts
    Posts
    14,385
    Blog Entries
    2
    The Barge Lands - Marco, Touma, Akari - Guren
    The Darkest Dungeon

    Marco

    "Same as you. They blew the horns, looking for hunters. Got knocked out by the guards standing outside, couldn't defeat them. Always got back up. Arms, legs, heads, bisection, burning them alive. You name it I tried it but they always returned. Eventually I got tired and they knocked me out, didn't kill me though for some reason." The strange looking fellow spoke as he observed Marco trying to kick the door down. "Name's Godric by the way." He'd add telling Marco his name. Upon realizing that the door was seastone Marco told Godric the bad news the prisoner quickly intervened, stopping him from running away.

    "Wait wait wait! I know where one of the nightmares is located in this castle! From the looks of it you have no inkling as to where it is. Otherwise you would've not run all the way down here!" Godric said unknowingly making bullseye but at the very same time Marco's plan was also succeeding.

    "Go through the door to my right, it leads to the outside plaza. I can hear guards moving and something else. They have a key, I'm sure of it!" The man said, claiming he's hearing something. But if Marco would focus his senses he'd also faintly hear the sound of metal moving. Was it their armor perhaps? Marco could also hear something massive moving, each step shaking some dust out of the ceiling in this hallway. Whatever that was it was very large.

    The next stop was Marco's call. Leave this guy and go back up through the staircase on his right. Or go through the door that lead to the open plaza on his left?


    Touma

    Touma accepted the archer's guidance towards Lady Gwynevere's room. When both of them entered through the main gate Touma wouldn't see a massive palace inside but a seemingly endless staircase. As they walked downward Touma with his eyes could see that this trip would take a very very long time. Just how deep into the mountain did this tower go? Now the man would only realized that the top he saw outside literally was only the top of the iceberg, the rest of the 'tower' was hidden inside the mountain. The archer lit up a torch allowing them to see where to step which would only aid the archer himself, the pirate could see plenty without it.

    It was here that the archer began to talk. "So Lord Horatius. Where did you learn your arcane arts? You seem proficient with arcane bolts and plant magic. Were those the two majors you chose? I've always been fascinated by your kind. All we archer can do is point and shoot but you sorcerers can do so much more." The archer said trying to get to know Horatius and revealing that this place had something where one could learn magic. If Touma now looked at the man calmly and with the lit of the torch he could link a face to the commanding archer from before. His feather shaped cape had the same function as a marine's admiral's coat. It showed his rank and leadership role.

    Touma with his eyes at this point would've already observed that this Lady Gwynevere was at the very bottom of this seemingly never ending set of stairs. If the archer planned to talk all the way down would he be able to keep up this charade? Or would he slip up in his disguise?

  7. #247
    The Crypt- Akari
    Akari was pleased to see that the one who hadn't grabbed her had stayed down. She only had one more to deal with. She was currently fed up with it, and just wanted it to fall and stay down. She decides to stop pulling her punches. For the briefest of moments, she activates her Grade 3 form. The boost it gives her raw strength should allow her to break free from the grip of the creature. Once free, she quickly gains some distance. She raises her hands overhead, crossed. Her right arm in front of her left. She gathers up blood, and then fires a giant winged blade at the creature.

    Ragnarok!

    She shouts the name of the blade with a fierce cry, and watches as it tears into the beast. Likely slicing it in two. With the second of the beasts likely finished, the blood she had amassed around the battlefield returns to her, ready to be used in a future encounter. She opted for this more cumbersome method to save her from stamina drain in the future. As having this blood in a condensed ball floating next to her was preferred to generating a similar volume at a later point. She walks up to the man who assigned her this task, and confronts him.

    Your challenge is completed. What happens now?

    She awaited an answer, but if she was being honest with herself, she wasn't expecting anything useless, if he even gave her an answer.

    Form used:
    Spoiler:
    •Grade 3- A Gear 3rd style upgrade. Akari greatly increases the number of red blood cells within her bloodstream. Granting her a tremendous boost to her athletic prowess. While "doped", her super charged muscles gives her enhanced strength and resistance to damage. Though, she is not as swift as a result. Once the effect wears off, her muscles need an appropriate amount of time to recover. Rending her physical strength near useless while they do.

    Set by K9VoidSlash
    Stella [450] | Akari [400] | Yoruko (350)

  8. #248
    Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star Badshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Impel Down 5.5
    Posts
    60,700
    Blog Entries
    3
    Marco - Entrance

    The prisoner's story seemed to match up with what Marco had gone through, giving him some credibility. Marco had gone through pretty much all of that except for the part where he was defeated, but this was valuable information. One of the things he wanted to do against those zombie soldiers was burn them alive and it was good that he found out early that it didn't work.

    "Well then, Godric, I will see what I can do. You can call me Marco, by the way"

    There were some faint noises outside, but Marco didn't care to stay back and listen to them properly. If he was going to go out there in the first place, then there wasn't a need to wait around and analyze what could be. Might as well just go out there and find out first hand. He'd follow Godric's directions to retrieve the key to his prison, but he wouldn't rush out there. There wasn't a point in getting into useless fights, so Marco's focus was stay a bit far, observe and if a key was visible on someone's person, isolate them, take the key and return. For the process of finding the key, he'd use a mask fitted with gadgets that allowed for various kinds of visions ranging from thermal, x-ray etc and also allowed him to zoom in on a target. This was one of the few times he wished Touma was here.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Touma - Top

    The archer led Touma down a long staircase and Touma started to realize the reality of this castle/tower. The whole thing was built underground and it was extremely deep. His guide lit a torch so they could see and safely climb down the stairs to where Lady Gwynevere was waiting, but Touma didn't need a source of light. He could already see Lady Gwyenevere downstairs and would be more than happy to just get there quickly without having to avoid any conversations that could give up his real identity, but he couldn't find any realistic ways of doing that, so for now, he had to roll with the lies.

    "My powers...they cannot be learned. It was a gift bestowed upon me with birth and with it, I'm responsible for restoring peace in various lands plagued by foul creatures. I do not know the limits of my abilities for I am always discovering something new in times of need. Whatever or whoever that has bestowed me with this gift leads me to destination after destination, using me as a vessel to establish order in an otherwise chaotic universe. After years of wandering around, I have come to the conclusion that mine is not to question, but to do."

    He'd let out some gibberish that made just enough sense to answer the question, but without offering any real explanations.

    Spoiler:

    Quote Originally Posted by old View Post
    besides torturing animals and experimenting on people in your own psychic ward, you are alright
    Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    no, you just are the ultimate trap : (
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bada View Post
    Lmao Bad really knows how to manipulate people xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaruuu View Post
    Bad may be psychotic but he's a sweetheart too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flesh View Post
    your face is better than England..
    Quote Originally Posted by nelkk View Post
    I was a good person before you got to me : (

  9. #249
    Super Saiyan Rainbow Dash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cloudsdale
    Posts
    32,975
    Blog Entries
    8
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie Q View Post
    Kun - Domo
    The Spoopy Door

    The door was to be a terrible conundrum, one that even the greats of Yennifer would fail at her first attempt. The runes were in, but there was nothing of a result. Harmonia would sigh in defeat, Gene would gnaw on a fresh coconut. Taking steps away, Harmonia would break from the group for a breather.

    Yennifer was quite right in her thinking. So many pieces, so many runes, yet what good was it to go the generic response? A counter to those who over think! Aha! If only. It seemed one had to for this puzzle. Suu would slink into the cracks of the door, moving through as a slime would, though naked for her clothes would never fit. The other side took time to get to, as the distance was a good meter or two. This door was thick.


    "Ehhhh? This isn't good."

    Yennifer would take surprise at a new voice behind her. One that was different from before, yet spoke similarly to someone she had heard once. Turning to see the new guest, she would see Harmonia had disappeared. In her place, a macabre pale woman with tufts of hair that looked like horns, eyes long dead, and a creepy smile.

    "This isn't good at all."

    Her form was massive, yet she was hunched and moving with a bent back, limping forward like someone with age might. Steps on the stairs would clink with stone and metal, her feet showing through her robes. Gene would sniff the air of this woman and gag, her tongue flicking out.

    "You are made of metal!" Gene hissed, disappointed.

    "Keeeh... I am. I am. But..."

    The woman approached the door, placing a large hand upon it, her eyes vacant as only black could be seen. A hat was strapped to her back, hanging by a nice chain around her neck. Yennifer could feel that she knew this woman, yet this woman was someone she had never met before. A total stranger.

    "This is a nasty place. No light should shine on this tomb. No light at all."

    The woman would look at Yennifer, her face moving into a wide smile. No teeth, only the black of her mouth. A crescent of darkness. Those words she spoke she repeated. Why, however, would this strange woman do so...?

    Suu would find the other side of the door was dark. Not a single light short of the dim, utterly dim light that came from the door jam, Suu could make out nothing in that area. Even if she could, she'd feel around to find that there were more rune holes. However, without sight, she couldint see the pieces. Lukcily, there were five holes and ten pieces. The chances of finding the opening was easier... if she could see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunshu View Post
    Ellie, Domo, Kun - Fis' Fears - Spin Top

    Yennefer's solution to the possible proved, ultimately, fruitless. She had tried and failed, but wasn't about to give up. If failure persisted, she could always just use her doa powers to open the door, but a little showing-off never hurt anyone. Besides, mental exercise was how she kept herself above the intelligence level of most of her crewmates. Before she could try again, Suu tried something which fascinated Yen. Suu was a slime, and this allowed her to creep through the tiniest of cracks. Slowly but certainly, the Slime Vice Admiral disappeared through the door, a singular crack for her to fit through. All she left behind was her coat, which Yen would pick up. She didn't dislike Suu, and didn't want to give the Vice-Admiral a reason to do so to her. Using her mantra, Yen could sense Suu slowly making her way to the other side, and was relieved to find she had made it. Through sensing Suu's presence, Yen deduced that the door was quite thick, and would prove hard to break through with brute force, though not that it was a necessity; doa powers and whatnot.

    "Ehhhh? This isn't good."

    A new, yet strangely familiar voice arrived on the scene. Yen thought this presence familiar, but couldn't quite place her finger on it. She turned around.

    "This isn't good at all."

    The presence was that of a female, though her true nature would remain an enigma to Yen. It felt human, to an extent, but... different. Gene addressed her first, establishing the fact that she was no acquaintance of the Floran. Harmonia remained silent, and her opinion was yet to be heard. The presence turned to Yen, who crossed her arms in response. No light, she said. None at all. Yen found this strange, but felt there was some meaning behind it. She looked at the runes once more. The presence's emphasis on a lack of light might be a clue.

    "No... light... moonlight..."

    She would remove the runes from before, before taking all five of the new moon runes. They were pitch-black. Could this be the solution? If this failed, Yen would just use her Doa powers to open the door, but that was for her to know and other to guess. Regardless of the outcome after she put the runes in, she would turn to the presence, arms crossed once more and a single raised eyebrow to signal her current mood.

    "I feel I know you from somewhere.... why is that? More importantly; why are you here?"


    Kun - Domo
    The Spoopy Door

    Suu would slink through the crack in the door, leaving behind both her rain coat, and rain boots. Yen would pick up said coat. Suu would find that the door was much thicker than expected. She would travel some distance through the crack until she finally made it to the other side. It was pitch black here on the other side, and feeling around wouldn't directly find a way to open the door, rather it would reveal more rune holes, and ten more runes. Suu had no light to actually inspect said runes, so solving any sort of puzzle would be purely up to chance. Leaving it all up to chance, Suu would take five random runes in the dark, and put them into the five slots, and then she would wait and see what happens.

  10. #250
    Duchess of Eggplants Ellie Q's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    057.430.283
    Posts
    27,105
    Kun - Domo - Ellie
    Dark Spoopy Cave

    Yennifer would apply the new moon runes to each section, filling all five slots. A glow would come from the runes, followed by a bright green light that would illuminate the door, causing it to diverge apart. The large woman would smile, though lips closed for sincerity sake. Finally, the riddle was solved, and the group could see Suu on the other side of the door way.

    Suu, meanwhile, had placed her runes into the door. The sheer coincidence the two puzzles were solved at the same time may have lead to Suu having an ego boost; after all, didn't she solve the puzzle?


    "Ehhh? You got the riddle. Yay."

    The woman would speak, her enthusiasm clearly insincere, but she was still energetic. The path was open, after all, and Suu could be seen at its end. Suu could see the new woman, but she didn't know who she was. It was hard to; this person was a captain without a bounty to a crew that didn't aim to be known. The mysterious woman would move forward into the dungeon if Yen did not already do so.

    "Know me? Many know me... yet they don't realize it. Don't worry that head of yours."

    The woman would point to her head and twist her finger, implying a messed up mind. Not her's, but more a symbol for worrying too much. In the dungeon, the woman nodded to Suu, looking around the entrance. It was a quaint entrance of smooth black stone, lines etched into the walls that had to value, but continued parallel down the first hall that was also ramped, descending constantly at a specific pace. The stone was like onyx, and the ceiling was nearly twelve feet tall. The large woman, hunched over, almost hit the top.

    "Harmonia had called me as an expert. We're acquaintances... heh."

    "I sssmell death. Not like good meat or mush. Death like... creepy cold."

    Gene's words would note her more animalstic side, as Florans were much about life and death. Life in plants and growth; death in that they ate everything. For it to smell different for her was a sign of times to come, though this did not stop the fern from going into the dungeon. Should everyone be in the area, words or none, they would find moving forward dificult.

    The hall was illuminated by the open door that remained open, but darkness claimed it within a few meters. Black walls, black floors, and black air kept vision negative. Luckily, Gene had something for this: she'd take a few seeds from her clothing and weave them into her palm fronds. Vines would grow, and a small piranha plant would blossom. It's mouth aimed up, it began to spit out a candle's worth of flame. This made Gene a living torch.

    Certainly, there was going to be banter if the group walked down the hall of smooth black stone. Fairly wide, it could fit four side by side, though the large woman trailed behind as she was awfully large. Not menacingly, if Suu or Yen were paranoid enough to watch.

    Time passed, and twenty minutes would come and go if anyone had a watch. A faint sound began to echo, and the hall would open up into a larger hall that was more a vaulted temple. Obelisks rose and supported the ceiling, one on each side of the hall for ever two meters. In total, there was twenty columns. The ceiling was high, high up; several stories to where the candle could not grace.

    The symbol from the door was carved into each obelisk, and there were lines making simple, lovely patterns, but otherwise there was nothing in this hall. However, a faint gurgling sound could be heard, bouncing off the walls and floor. The acoustics were misleading, and the gurgle was persistent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •